Graphics
Red Devil Radeon 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ok I have a Macpro 5,1 mid 2010
I have installed high sierra so i have that version of bootware but I dont have a mojave supported gpu yet so I dont have that version of the firmware.
I have the ATI HD 7700 I think. and Purchased a readon rx 5500 xt

So even using the dosdude1 unsupported usb. With both gpu's I can see the loading etc.. with the 5500 cant see the main boot screen. but I can format the drive in apfs and so on. but when it goes into install it will have like 4 min's left then it will do its normal restart. and then it will bring up the time remaining and so on but the lowest I have seen it go was 8 minutes and then restart again and again. and will not complete. I have in the middle of this loop when it would go dark to restart I would shut it down wait and then start it to see if that would work still same thing.

I have done the csrtuil to disable it. still no joy.

Is there a way to be able to do it with unibeast? the only problem I have is im using right now a old old macbook air. 10.7.5 so i cant open clover config. I can make the usb's thou. Just needing help sorry to bother. Love the forums I have done the hackintosh before. but had some direction to head with the hardware. this here I just dont know Thanks again.

Ok I have a Macpro 5,1 mid 2010
I have installed high sierra so i have that version of bootware but I dont have a mojave supported gpu yet so I dont have that version of the firmware.
I have the ATI HD 7700 I think. and Purchased a readon rx 5500 xt

So even using the dosdude1 unsupported usb. With both gpu's I can see the loading etc.. with the 5500 cant see the main boot screen. but I can format the drive in apfs and so on. but when it goes into install it will have like 4 min's left then it will do its normal restart. and then it will bring up the time remaining and so on but the lowest I have seen it go was 8 minutes and then restart again and again. and will not complete. I have in the middle of this loop when it would go dark to restart I would shut it down wait and then start it to see if that would work still same thing.

I have done the csrtuil to disable it. still no joy.

Is there a way to be able to do it with unibeast? the only problem I have is im using right now a old old macbook air. 10.7.5 so i cant open clover config. I can make the usb's thou. Just needing help sorry to bother. Love the forums I have done the hackintosh before. but had some direction to head with the hardware. this here I just dont know Thanks again.

Hi there.

Is this a real Mac Pro or your Z270 ?

You can mount the EFI partition using an old version of OS X and EFI Mounter v3.1, but for any APFS formatted drive the main partition will be invisible to it. So you can still get at your config.plist. It's unlikely your Z270 is a Legacy install with the EFI folder on the main drive.

:)

Yes this is the real macpro 5,1 yes aware of the no support in Mojave why I’m trying to get Catalina installed

Yes this is the real macpro 5,1 yes aware of the no support in Mojave why I’m trying to get Catalina installed
what makes you think Catalina will work if Mojave doesn't?

Mojave is supported with the macpro 5,1 mid 2010

I’m just trying to get Catalina installed to have support with the rx 5500. I have got Mojave installed once using the unsupported installer because of no Mojave supported gpu for install.

Mojave is supported with the macpro 5,1 mid 2010

I’m just trying to get Catalina installed to have support with the rx 5500. I have got Mojave installed once using the unsupported installer because of no Mojave supported gpu for install.
i must have read your previous comment wrong when you said:
yes aware of the no support in Mojave

Yea was saying no support because of the gpu issue. Could probably been worded a little better. Just getting frustrated. Been messing with this for a week now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back