Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
H55M-UD2H
CPU
Core i5-760
Graphics
GTX 1080
I've recently done a clean install of High Sierra onto an old HDD as I make preparations to upgrade this old guy with new SSDs. Reason being the USB worked so figured I'd use a solid platform to do testing and troubleshooting as well as have an HDD I could use for data migration. Problems I've come across so far have been nagging me quite a bit:

Audio doesn't work, my USB headset is the only device currently that gets audio. I've followed toledas' guide for Realtek HDA installation, Multibeast and Clover HDA haven't worked.

Nvidia web drivers appear loaded, selected within the preference pane profiler shows Nvidia chip 7mb, boot flags within my config.plist is nvda_drv=1. Again followed the Nvidia guide about preserving the NVRAM

Booting takes an extraordinary long time, from post to system selection is 2-5 mins, booting is another 5-10 mins

Installed and mostly working, what I have noticed in the clover boot options is the flags default to dart=0, nv_disable=1. I can change the boot option to nvda_drv=1 and will get full acceleration and proper system profile.

I'm including my config.plist and nvram.plist, hopefully someone can help me out.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.3 KB · Views: 280
  • nvram.plist
    1.5 KB · Views: 294
I've recently done a clean install of High Sierra onto an old HDD as I make preparations to upgrade this old guy with new SSDs. Reason being the USB worked so figured I'd use a solid platform to do testing and troubleshooting as well as have an HDD I could use for data migration. Problems I've come across so far have been nagging me quite a bit:

Audio doesn't work, my USB headset is the only device currently that gets audio. I've followed toledas' guide for Realtek HDA installation, Multibeast and Clover HDA haven't worked.

Nvidia web drivers appear loaded, selected within the preference pane profiler shows Nvidia chip 7mb, boot flags within my config.plist is nvda_drv=1. Again followed the Nvidia guide about preserving the NVRAM

Booting takes an extraordinary long time, from post to system selection is 2-5 mins, booting is another 5-10 mins

Installed and mostly working, what I have noticed in the clover boot options is the flags default to dart=0, nv_disable=1. I can change the boot option to nvda_drv=1 and will get full acceleration and proper system profile.

I'm including my config.plist and nvram.plist, hopefully someone can help me out.

Try this:

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.5 KB · Views: 281

• The problems you have listed after your Clean Install of High Sierra on a New SSD on your current system in your profile :H55M-UD2H CPU: Core i5-760 Graphics: GTX 970:
    • Prolonged boot time in BIOS to CBM screen and CBM screen to Login screen
    • Audio not working
    • Graphics showing lack of full QE/CI
  • Your uploaded config.plist has shown problems that might explain the Graphics issue
  • To fully analyze and suggest the next best step, the following additional information is needed:
    • Current BIOS options chosen for the system boot.
    • Contents of /CLOVER/kexts by either uploading the whole CLOVER folder as a compressed file or screen shots of
      • CLOVER/kexts
      • CLOVER/kexts/Other
  • See uploaded image for some of the problems noted regarding Nvidia Graphics.

Attachments

• config.plist_Boot_System Parameters.png
    config.plist_Boot_System Parameters.png
    368 KB · Views: 183
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back