Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3L
Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 4830
4Gb DDR2 Patriot Viper Series - PC2-8500 - 1066MHz
Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB
WD Caviar 'Black' 500Gb 7200rpm
OCZ 700W StealthXStream
M9 Thermaltake
Hitachi-LG DVD+RW/DVD-RW/DVD-RAM

Everything went well until Multibeast. I installed drivers for my GPU and after that i had msg that i need to restart my pc. From that point couldn't do anything. I am assuming my GPU.
I am planning to get 5770 or 5750, new hard drive so i can do clean install!

Any opinions here? Anyone with the same mobo and gpu?
Will it work with the new GPU?

Thanks in advance, i will be re-posting my progress!

ADent said:
I don't think the 4830 is supported by the standard tools used here.

Doing a search I see someone who got it working with 10.6.3 : viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1890&hilit=4830 .

Thanks for your reply.
As i said i will replace 4830 with new 5750 or 5770 just don't know which one to choose. I can even get 240gt or 9800gt, just need to verify that my other components will work.

Whats your opinion, what should i get ?

Thanks

Everything except the video cards you listed will work.. go with Nvidia, I'd suggest a 9800gt - Your board selection will be fine, I have a Gigabyte EP 45 DS3R which is very similar to yours, I'm runnin 10.6.4 on mine solid as a rock.

For video I'm using a BFG Geforce 285gtx 1gb, nice card on here :D

Onetrack, thanks for your reply!
I got new geforce gt 240 and new hd but no luck! I managed to install with -x and new iBoot but after reboot - black screen!
Right now trying to reinstall again,same procces but black screen again, wont even go to installation!
I am not really sure what my next step will be, i might try another gpu tommorow!
What was your procces onetrack? Iboot also?
Thanks again!

Finally! :headbang: :headbang:
Installed osx via iBoot on my system.
I got new Ati Radeon 5750 + new Hitachi Deskstar HD.
Ethernet worked right away, still need to get my audio and graphics to work properly.
I tried installing graphics via Multi but i am doing something wrong, getting only 1024x768 resolution.
Do i only install ATY_Vervet - Uakari or anything else ?
Thanks
:D

almir said:
Finally! :headbang: :headbang:
Installed osx via iBoot on my system.
I got new Ati Radeon 5750 + new Hitachi Deskstar HD.
Ethernet worked right away, still need to get my audio and graphics to work properly.
I tried installing graphics via Multi but i am doing something wrong, getting only 1024x768 resolution.
Do i only install ATY_Vervet - Uakari or anything else ?
Thanks
:D
You should probably use ATY_Init Vervet. Did you remember to install Snow Leopard Graphics Update?

I did, but after sometime and few restarts And i got white screen with multicolor squares on it! I will need to reinstall everything! :( i guess i did not do enough reserach on the forum!
Thanks everyone for your reply!

Is there a way to roll back kext and the graphics update that i installed ?
I can boot in safe mode -x but normal boot gives me white screen and i can not do anything with the pc.

No luck with Diamond 5750 also. Followed MacMans installation guide but after updating drivers for Ati, white screen again after reboot. Can boot with -x but resolution can not be changed. I think i give up until new build ! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back