Contribute
Register

Need USB to boot successfully & HD530 only has 7mb of VRAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

After a few days of heavy reading on the forum, I finally managed to install my hackintosh. However, when I try to boot from the external install, it freezes. When I enter the bios and select the UEFI USB and then chose the external SSD OS drive, it boots successfully. Is it normal to have to need the USB to run the OS off my SSD now?

Additionally, my HD530 graphics shows only 7mb or VRAM. I am experiencing screen flickers and when I watch youtube videos, the videos play fine, but the menu bar flickers.

I want to use this solution, but I don't know how to install it because the instructions are confusing.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fix-skylake-menu-bar-glitch-fix.206400/

Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-12-05 at 4.09.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-12-05 at 4.09.32 PM.png
    71.7 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
I will try to help. I have not done this as I have not had that problem to use the Config.plist editing suggested in the link you have given.

I hope you have already downloaded the file and saved it. It has all the required keys and Strings created the proper way in a text editor.

Since I don't like to type in too many codes, I avoid "TextEdit" to make changes in EFI>CLOVER>config.plist and instead use the GUI tool, Clover Configurator (CC) to do the editing. I will therefore show both and let you choose what you feel comfortable with.

• Since config.plist of your Sierra System HD is inside EFI/CLOVER/config.plist , you need to first "mount" the EFI Partition of your System Disk on to the Desktop and for that you need to:
    • Download and launch "Clover Configurator" ("CC" for short). [You may use EFI Mounter V3 but that is only a Mounter not an EFI Mounter and Clover Config.plist editor- in- ONE tool like CC.]
    • On the LEFT panel of launched CC window, you will see "SECTIONS" >with menu Like "ACPI, "BOOT" .... ..."DEVICES".....toward the top and "TOOLS"> with menu like "Mount EFI...." etc.
    • "DEVICES" Section and "Mount EFI" Tool are relevant for this troubleshoot and therefore you need to quickly find them from the LEFT Panel of CC window and they are easy to find.
    • Click on "Mount EFI" and then you will see a black RIGHT PANEL opening with a title "Partition scheme" on the top and 3 buttons at the bottom.We are interested in the "Check Partition" and "Mount EFI Partition" buttons only.
    • Click "Check Partition" and the Blackboard will display all the "disks"and their "partitions" with their disk "IDENTIFIER" at the RIGHT most Column.
    • Note your "Sierra System Hard disk" and its "EFI partition's IDENTIFIER" ( something like EFI EFI "disk0s1").
    • From the IDENTIFIER you know that is the EFI Partition you have to "mount" on to the Desktop
    • Now click "Mount EFI Partition" button and from the popup (if needed open it wide to see your disk) , select and click the EFI EFI "disk"n"sx" (what ever numbers your's may show)
    • You may need to type in Password to mount the EFI
    • Now you can see an EFI mounted on the Desktop.
    • Click EFI from desktop> EFI>CLOVER>config.plist and RIGHT click "Open with" >Clover Configurator.
    • Next go to "Devices" menu and open it.
    • Identify the mid-Section of that screen with the title "Add Properties" and menu headings: Devices* Key* "Value* Value type
    • At the bottom of "Add Properties "box , you will find + and - to add or remove to or from the box.
    • Click + and "Devices" menu will open for in put
    • Now go to the downloaded file that is opened and copy & paste the items in these Columns
    • The last column Value type should give you a "drop-down" menu to choose "data"
  • See attached image to supplement the above description.
  • The attached text you have to copy to a config plist opened in Textedit, if that's what you are choosing.

Attachments

• Add Properties in TextEdit of CPlist.png
    Add Properties in TextEdit of CPlist.png
    32.8 KB · Views: 2,037
  • CC_DEVICES_Add Properties.png
    CC_DEVICES_Add Properties.png
    255.7 KB · Views: 1,998
Last edited:
I will try to help. I have not done this as I have not had that problem to use the Config.plist editing suggested in the link you have given.

I hope you have already downloaded the file and saved it. It has all the required keys and Strings created the proper way in a text editor.

Since I don't like to type in too many codes, I avoid "TextEdit" to make changes in EFI>CLOVER>config.plist and instead use the GUI tool, Clover Configurator (CC) to do the editing. I will therefore show both and let you choose what you feel comfortable with.

• Since config.plist of your Sierra System HD is inside EFI/CLOVER/config.plist , you need to first "mount" the EFI Partition of your System Disk on to the Desktop and for that you need to:
    • Download and launch "Clover Configurator" ("CC" for short). [You may use EFI Mounter V3 but that is only a Mounter not an EFI Mounter and Clover Config.plist editor- in- ONE tool like CC.]
    • On the LEFT panel of launched CC window, you will see "SECTIONS" >with menu Like "ACPI, "BOOT" .... ..."DEVICES".....toward the top and "TOOLS"> with menu like "Mount EFI...." etc.
    • "DEVICES" Section and "Mount EFI" Tool are relevant for this troubleshoot and therefore you need to quickly find them from the LEFT Panel of CC window and they are easy to find.
    • Click on "Mount EFI" and then you will see a black RIGHT PANEL opening with a title "Partition scheme" on the top and 3 buttons at the bottom.We are interested in the "Check Partition" and "Mount EFI Partition" buttons only.
    • Click "Check Partition" and the Blackboard will display all the "disks"and their "partitions" with their disk "IDENTIFIER" at the RIGHT most Column.
    • Note your "Sierra System Hard disk" and its "EFI partition's IDENTIFIER" ( something like EFI EFI "disk0s1").
    • From the IDENTIFIER you know that is the EFI Partition you have to "mount" on to the Desktop
    • Now click "Mount EFI Partition" button and from the popup (if needed open it wide to see your disk) , select and click the EFI EFI "disk"n"sx" (what ever numbers your's may show)
    • You may need to type in Password to mount the EFI
    • Now you can see an EFI mounted on the Desktop.
    • Click EFI from desktop> EFI>CLOVER>config.plist and RIGHT click "Open with" >Clover Configurator.
    • Next go to "Devices" menu and open it.
    • Identify the mid-Section of that screen with the title "Add Properties" and menu headings: Devices* Key* "Value* Value type
    • At the bottom of "Add Properties "box , you will find + and - to add or remove to or from the box.
    • Click + and "Devices" menu will open for in put
    • Now go to the downloaded file that is opened and copy & paste the items in these Columns
    • The last column Value type should give you a "drop-down" menu to choose "data"
  • See attached image to supplement the above description.
  • The attached text you have to copy to a config plist opened in Textedit, if that's what you are choosing.

Wow, thank you for all that! I'll try it out once I get home from school and work. I really appreciate you taking the time to write these detailed instructions.

Have you tried it out? Does that work?

Wow, thank you for all that! I'll try it out once I get home from school and work. I really appreciate you taking the time to write these detailed instructions.
Hey i have the same issue, i need a usb and 7MB of VRAM... Did you fix itt. Please heeeeelp T.T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back