i9 10900k
Graphics
5700xt
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello. I have my MSI GE60 2PC fully working on 10.10.1 (thx to rehabman). All is working, including sound and wifi. Now, I've cloned my partition to try the 10.10.2 update with App Store and that partition (the updated one) does not boot. I've rebuilded caches and permissions and nothing. I've tried to boot with -X, withouch caches, and nothing, all in clover, sure.

How can I update then? With the combo update? When I was on mavericks, I could not update from combo, because happens the same that now with 10.10.2, not working.

I've ridden that the haswell kernel patch guide for yosemite from rehabman is only for 10.10 and 10.10.1, maybe I need to repatch de kernel with new strings. No idea, just reboots when I try to start the updated partition, anything loads in verbose mode, just reboot. Seems to be kernel problem.

Help please.

Hello. I have my MSI GE60 2PC fully working on 10.10.1 (thx to rehabman). All is working, including sound and wifi. Now, I've cloned my partition to try the 10.10.2 update with App Store and that partition (the updated one) does not boot. I've rebuilded caches and permissions and nothing. I've tried to boot with -X, withouch caches, and nothing, all in clover, sure.

How can I update then? With the combo update? When I was on mavericks, I could not update from combo, because happens the same that now with 10.10.2, not working.

I've ridden that the haswell kernel patch guide for yosemite from rehabman is only for 10.10 and 10.10.1, maybe I need to repatch de kernel with new strings. No idea, just reboots when I try to start the updated partition, anything loads in verbose mode, just reboot. Seems to be kernel problem.

Help please.

You should use Clover. The KernelPm patch (via config.plist) is still working for me...

Does your original partition boot without using the KernelLapic (you should test). Perhaps the KernelLapic patch in Clover needs updating.

You should use Clover. The KernelPm patch (via config.plist) is still working for me...

Does your original partition boot without using the KernelLapic (you should test). Perhaps the KernelLapic patch in Clover needs updating.

I was using Clover, I said it. But I've tried to boot with kernel PM and lapic enabled, bot of them. Now, if I disabled the lapic, it boots OKAY. In my 10.10.1 partition I dont need kernel PM because I patched the kernel with your guide. What do you recommend me? Patching it or use the clover kenel PM option? And what about lapic? Is better to use it or not?

Now, after boot, I've repaired permissions and rebuilded cache 2 times. But graphics are glitchy. It sais hd 4600 1,5gb vram but are glitchy. I didnt change nothing in the config.plist. I uploaded it here.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.8 KB · Views: 187
I was using Clover, I said it.

Please update your profile/signature to contain the bootloader you're using.

But I've tried to boot with kernel PM and lapic enabled, bot of them. Now, if I disabled the lapic, it boots OKAY. In my 10.10.1 partition I dont need kernel PM because I patched the kernel with your guide. What do you recommend me? Patching it or use the clover kenel PM option? And what about lapic? Is better to use it or not?

You should not patch the kernel when using Clover. Use KernelPm=true.

If you don't have the need for KernelLapic, you can disable it. If you enable it, but don't need it, it has no effect.

Please update your profile/signature to contain the bootloader you're using.

You should not patch the kernel when using Clover. Use KernelPm=true.

If you don't have the need for KernelLapic, you can disable it. If you enable it, but don't need it, it has no effect.

Ok. Check my graphics problem pls. The sound is OK.

Ok. Check my graphics problem pls. The sound is OK.

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
rm -Rf ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
rm -Rf ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Here you are.

Now, the partition with 10.10.2 and graphic problems is my test partition, because of that I've patched the kernel instead of using the clover option, but dont worry, when I fix graphics, I will update my main partition and use kernel pm option :)

Attachments

• graphics issue.zip
    480.3 KB · Views: 55

Perfect, now it is fixed :D

The only little problem, is that I still need to use igplatformid 0x0a26000a instead of 0x0a260006, which means not working display sleep, but is OK. If I use 0x0a260006, I have glitches in the menu bar, and have to log off/log in in my user to fix at every boot. With 0x0a26000a it works without glitches after boot, but cant use display sleep because no wake up. Is ok anyway.

Perfect, now it is fixed :D

The only little problem, is that I still need to use igplatformid 0x0a26000a instead of 0x0a260006, which means not working display sleep, but is OK. If I use 0x0a260006, I have glitches in the menu bar, and have to log off/log in in my user to fix at every boot. With 0x0a26000a it works without glitches after boot, but cant use display sleep because no wake up. Is ok anyway.

"9mb cursor bytes patch"

Read post #1 here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...tel-hd4200-hd4400-hd4600-mobile-yosemite.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back