CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Can anyone suggest a way to disable only the keyboard? I'd like to be able to take advantage of the touchscreen on my laptop in 'tablet' form, but with no errant keyboard entry. I currently use the app KeyboardCleanTool, but this also makes the virtual (Accessibility) keyboard unusable. At times I need to make a keyboard entry a la an iPad.

Perhaps there is a way to disengage voodooPS2controller.kext, which seems like the simplest way to achieve the goal?

Any thoughts?

Can anyone suggest a way to disable only the keyboard? I'd like to be able to take advantage of the touchscreen on my laptop in 'tablet' form, but with no errant keyboard entry. I currently use the app KeyboardCleanTool, but this also makes the virtual (Accessibility) keyboard unusable. At times I need to make a keyboard entry a la an iPad.

Perhaps there is a way to disengage voodooPS2controller.kext, which seems like the simplest way to achieve the goal?

Any thoughts?
not tried it but what about:

Code:
sudo kextunload /Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext

I've tried that and get the following response:

(kernel) Can't remove kext org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller; services failed to terminate - 0xdc008018.

Failed to unload org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller - (libkern/kext) kext is in use or retained (cannot unload).

Any thoughts?

You want to disable it all the time, or just sometimes?
Be clear on what you're trying to accomplish.

You want to disable it all the time, or just sometimes?
Be clear on what you're trying to accomplish.
See Post #1. Goal is to disable keyboard only as needed when using the laptop in 'tablet' mode, ie, when keyboard is on lap or being held while using only the screen for input and occasional use of virtual keyboard, as needed (a la iPad).

Thanks!

See Post #1. Goal is to disable keyboard only as needed when using the laptop in 'tablet' mode, ie, when keyboard is on lap or being held while using only the screen for input and occasional use of virtual keyboard, as needed (a la iPad).

Thanks!

Would require customizing the kext. Full source is on github...

Did you ever work it out? My Dell Inspiron 7586 used to do this perfectly, even in macOS, but it seems that a UEFI update killed the functionality. Now it only deactivates when it's folded 100% back, instead of deactivating after 180 degrees.

It still works fine in Linux, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back