Graphics
HD4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
ok, love iboot, have used it on several systems. however my main laptop (toshiba a660 149) was the only reason i ever wanted mac so that i could run logic. I managed to get 10.6.4 running very smoothly (with my own dsdt) and an upgrade to 10.6.6 went fine too. BUT everything worked except logic that continually had sync problems. So after many hours I managed an install of 10.6.3 with i boot and to my joy Logic works! However, osx only works from iboot disc. My previous method has always been chameleon on usb stick. But osx will not boot now from chameleon, only iboot disc.

If i boot from chameleon I get an almost immediate restart of pc. Verbose offers about 10 lines of info before the restart therefore i can't even read where the problem occurs.

Anyone have opinions on what process happens so quickly in boot so to give a restart of this nature? it happens so quick that i cannot tell.

Anyone know what the iboot disc could possibly be doing to initiate a succesful boot whereby chameloen rc5 does not? I've tried all kext variations dsdt or not etc....

Iboot is doing something very early in the boot process that chameleon is not..

cheers stuart

Moved to the correct forum, Laptop Support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back