Graphics
Nvidia GTX 650
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm about ready to give up on my build but thought I'd post as a last ditch effort. I just started Hackintosh'ing this past week so I hope my questions are not too frustrating for you all. I've read many threads and tried many, many combinations of things. At this points it's difficult for me to really know what's working and what's not. :banghead: My main issue is that the system needs to boot in safe mode to work. Regular boot with -v shows a halt at AppleIntelE100e...

My build is a freshly purchased ASUS P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD with i7 3770 processor. Just using HD4000 for graphics.

So what have I done so far...? I followed this guide: Guide: ASUS P8Z77-I with i5 3570K + Mountain Lion

1. Flashed the bios (had to use FTK and Dos...flashback not working)http://biosrepo.wordpress.com/asus/z77/ - seemed to work as the revision changed but everything else funtions and looks the same so I have no clue whether the "behind the curtain" patching is in place.

2. tweaked bios setting: iGPU selected, 64mb memory size selected, XHCI on auto and EHCI enabled.

3. No dice on regular boot so I had to install OSX in safe mode

4. Once installed I created the DSDT. I used boot flags -v -x DSDT=Null prior to running patches on system extract. First opened All-in-One for my board and clicked apply...then opened graphics repo and applied for HD4k and clicked apply. Compiled next and then saved to desktop as DSDT.aml. - and yes I changed to 5.0

5. Now I ran MultiBeast and selected the UserDSDT along with all other setting indicated in screenshot from above linked tutorial. Since I flashed the bios I did not check NullCPUPowerManagement (as the post suggests)

6. Updated org.chameleon.boot.plist and rebooted.

...System still hangs at same place as before! AppleIntelE100e.

I'm now at a point where I've followed a tutorials consisting of other peoples hard work and have little knowlege of what's under the covers; thus don't know how to "revert" and begin anew with other combinations.

So here are my lingering misc questions

1. Can I just keep installing MultiBeast over and over with new settings or is there some method to remove old settings and start fresh?
2. Is this board I have a newer/different revision than all the Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe threads I've found which were written last summer? see Test Report: ASUS P8Z77-I Mini-ITX + 3570K
3. ...that said, is the DSDT patch in the repo compatible with my revision or just the 2012 boards?
4. I've read that the bios revision and DSDT need to be paired. How do I know if there is or isn't a problem inherant in my patched Bios an the DSDT patch?

...haha, I've even put clover on a USB drive and tried booting to the OSX install just to see if maybe it could fix my issue...Errors there too; but that's a battle for another day.

The only thing I can think of is that there is a custom brew of boot flags and kexts I'm missing....but I'm not experienced enough to be able to dive that deep.

Thanks for hanging in there with me guys! Where do I go from here?

It's probably due to the HD4000. In another topic someone said that you need to disable VT-d in the bios. Otherwise try to delete all other graphics kext that you don't need for the HD4000.
VT-d is CPU related not iGPU. If you indeed have the i7-3770 non K then boot with dart=0. ASUS mobos have no option to disable VT-d.

If you indeed have the i7-3770 non K then boot with dart=0. ASUS

Thanks for the suggestions. I was hoping that the bios patch I performed would have disabled this but once it completed I had no clue what it actually did! No perceivable change. I'll try tonight and report back.

Would I make things any easier on the graphics side if I just bought one of the proven GeForce 650s? They are really not that expensive these days.

Okay, at least it's doing something different now. I'm getting a system uptime in nanoseconds message and above that a few lines is some reference to a missing OSX version. If I recall, this is the equivalent of a kernel panic....I hope this is one step forward and not back!

Will get a screenshot up tomorrow. For time being the update is that I've made good progress. I can boot with no issues provided I use bootloader on UniBeast USB and include graphicsenabler=no and dart=0. Once I try to boot from bootloader that MultiBeast installed the problem arises with the kernel panic. I'm not sure I know why one loader works and the other doesn't when I'm point each to the same HDd with OS X installed. Nonetheless maybe this additional info helps narrow the issue. I'll get the panic screenshot up in the AM. Thanks so much for the assistance.

Here is what I get...

photo.JPG

I started from scratch last night too. I flashed back to Asus 0702 bios and on a fresh install of OS X I first ran DPCIManager to autopatch it. Then I ran your (pjalm) repo patches through MaciASL (Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe and HD4000). MultiBeast was next. This is where I i'm not 100% sure what to add since the bios was patched and I'm using the DSDT. It's after MultiBeast is installed that the crash happens...but it's also after this point that I'm moving away from the USB boot.

after u use autopatch some mobos need to have the cmos cleared to take afect if that doesnt work then u still need nullcpumanagement kext this is from CodeRush himself who is the dev for pmpatch

Okay, I'll try those ideas...I'm still confused why I can boot without problems (or needing the aformentioned kext) when using the USB yet when booting from the loader on the HDD I get a panic. I point each bootloader to the same installed version of OS X on my HDD.

Maybe the answer could be made more clear if somone can help me to understand the whole interplay between patched bios, custom generated/patched DSDT and the right combo of Kexts. I've approached this whole thing and learned everything thusfar from a troublshooting standpoint; I've yet to actually piece it all together to lean how my computer is actully seeing all this information I'm throwing at it!

for instance...I need nullcpumanagement when booting from disk and not when booting from USB. Other people have written posts on performance comparisons and temperatures when using it vs not using it; thus suggesting that it's not a requirement for them and they can take it or leave it. I may "need" it. Some people patch their BIOS and use a DSDT and others just patch and don't use a DSDT or maybe use a DSDT and don't patch...yet becuase they didn't patch there is a kext that they need or a boot flag thats required. It's a lot to digest without a map or diagram of sorts.

after u use autopatch some mobos need to have the cmos cleared to take afect

hmmm....Took the photo last night and posted this AM. Booted PC this evening and it decided it wanted to work! I didn't do a single thing except unplug and tuck the PC away last night...plugged it back in and viola. I don't get it; but won't look a gift horse in the mouth.

I still need to test out sleep but sound works and all USB ports work. I do have a USB Wireless LAN adapter which is not recognized when plugged in. will have to look into this.

I'd still love to hear a redux of Bios/DSDT/Kexts/Boot Strings if anyone is so inclined...not definitions; see my prior post for clarification.

Thanks all!

OSX has no USB WiFi support so manufactures have to emulate a ethernet device with those so avoid them, they hav many issues and OSX will never see it as a WiFi.

As for the DSDT I guess you never checked the patch Repositories as that mobo is listed and is recommended you make one. Why the NullCPU kext? Unibeast USB does in fact have that FYI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back