Contribute
Register

Need Thunderbolt 3 Titan Ridge/z370 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I did. And it works perfectly. My issue was related to a simple BIOS option that I wasn’t using since it was obscure and was never referenced in any of the threads I found. I’m away from my computer but the options as something like “TB Boot”, which I took to mean I would only enable it if I planned to boot from my TB3 array. Since that wasn’t something I needed, I just left it disabled. Once I switched it to ENABLE, on the theory that this forced the BIOS to ‘wake’ the TB3 card and force the PCIe bus to see the card, leading Mojave then to also ‘see’ the card. This theory turned out to be correct for my MB and Titan Ridge combo. Once I made this change the card was found during the BIOS boot sequence and it came right up in MacOS allowing me to format the array. It’s been working great ever since with no issues.

I read quite often now about how TB3 just doesn’t work on a Hackintosh. That is clearly not correct. You just have to pick your system components correctly. I chose the Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 and the GB Titan Ridge TB3 card specifically because I needed TB3 to work reliably and now it does. Hope that helps.

So you got it to hot plug? and you got it to sleep and reconnect the drives upon wake? If you have that is the most important and the reason that people says TB3 does not work. Most people can easily get it to recognize drives or preferals that are plugged in at boot. It is Hot plugging them and sleeping/wake with them still being active that is the problem.

Can anyone help me for this problem.
I have Z370 Aorus ultra gaming and titan ridge. Titan Ridge show information at System Information/PCI. Dont have info at System Information/Thunderbolt.
Today I have chance for test with Apollo Twin MKI. UAD windows show me "No Device Found"
When I test my Hackintosh with mabook air. Transfer by Thunderbolt cable. I can see Thunderbolt Bridge option on macbook air. But can't see on my hackintosh
I think my Titan ridge doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back