Motherboard
Asus Q405UA
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I'm thinking of making my first hackintosh..My PC is very old so want to try in my Lenovo G580.. I researched the internet and found most of the things are working except for wifi..It uses BCM4313 which is not compatible and there are no ways to do.. So i plan to replace with another wifi card..My question is can i use the original wifi card used in late 2012 Macbook pro BCM94331CSAX. Is it compatible with my laptop or not. If it is will it work OOB without any modification and will the Bluetooth work or not.. If anyone has tried this do answer i want to know if it works or not before i make an investment and other suggestions are welcome too :) I want wifi and Bluetooth both .. Thanks in advance :D

I'm thinking of making my first hackintosh..My PC is very old so want to try in my Lenovo G580.. I researched the internet and found most of the things are working except for wifi..It uses BCM4313 which is not compatible and there are no ways to do.. So i plan to replace with another wifi card..My question is can i use the original wifi card used in late 2012 Macbook pro BCM94331CSAX. Is it compatible with my laptop or not. If it is will it work OOB without any modification and will the Bluetooth work or not.. If anyone has tried this do answer i want to know if it works or not before i make an investment and other suggestions are welcome too :) I want wifi and Bluetooth both .. Thanks in advance :D

The question is: Will it fit in your G580 mPCIe slot or is it too long? This card is a full height mPCIe IIRC and does not have BT. BT is a separate half height mPCIe IIRC. If it will fit there is no reason it will not work as well in the G580 as it does in the MBP.

You could always get a Dell DW1515 or an AR9280 at Amazon.com

With the cards u mentioned does it fit in. Im searching in my local dealers to find that card dell wireless 1515

With the cards u mentioned does it fit in. Im searching in my local dealers to find that card dell wireless 1515

If your Lenovo uses a standard half mPCIe card, that is what the Dell DW1515 is so it should fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back