Contribute
Register

Need SSd advice, Samsung or Plextor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Need SSd advice, Samsung or Plextor...decided Crucial but...

Gordo74 said:
I would rate the M4 as a better drive than the Samsung, yes.

Hi Gordo, finally got the crucial m4 128gb ssd2...I works great but I think speed for me is low. I've connected to GSata white port and benchmark is about 192/128 Read/Write and is suppose to be about double. What am I doing wrong? btw trim is enabled and fw is 0309

Bimbo69 said:
Gordo74 said:

Hi Gordo, finally got the crucial m4 128gb ssd2...I works great but I think speed for me is low. I've connected to GSata white port and benchmark is about 192/128 Read/Write and is suppose to be about double. What am I doing wrong? btw trim is enabled and fw is 0309

Connect it to one of the intel SATA3 ports. GSATA uses an external controller.

Gordo74 said:
Bimbo69 said:
Gordo74 said:

Connect it to one of the intel SATA3 ports. GSATA uses an external controller.

intel sata3 ports? I have 6 blue ports that are sata2 I guess and these two white....waf

Ah. I see you have a P55 board. Intel didn't bring SATA3 native until Socket 1155. I think you'd get the best speeds out of connecting it directly to your SATA2 ports controlled by the chipset rather than the SATA3 that is an external chip.

Gordo74 said:
Ah. I see you have a P55 board. Intel didn't bring SATA3 native until Socket 1155. I think you'd get the best speeds out of connecting it directly to your SATA2 ports controlled by the chipset rather than the SATA3 that is an external chip.

yup I have a p55a so I have the damn marvell sata3...using the sata 2 ports I've got 250/190 read/write speeds, and using the turbo sata3 from bios I've got 390/190 read/write with the sacrifice of x16 pcie port to 8x, since I have a gt430 is no so bad :)
big tks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back