Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone,

I read everywhere that Tplink T8E card is plug and play with hackintosh. So I bought it.
But when I boot PC I get this error :
IMG_4399 - copie.jpg

When I remove the card, everything is ok. I tried this card on my dual boot with windows 10 without problem.

Can anyone ever experienced that ?

My config is :
Mac os 10.12.1 Sierra
Asus Z97A
i7 4790k
16 go DDR3
GTX 970

thank you in advance

Ok solved it, maybe it could help other people.
Basically I installed this card after upgrade El capitan to Sierra.

Now I made a Sierra clean install with this wifi card inserted, put only basical kext and put imac 14,2 as SMBIOS.

It works like a charm now.

Hi kyouu, how are you?

I'm thinking about to buy this Tp-Link. Could you tell me if your card still working on Sierra?
About performance, is really good?
Does this tp-link lose connection some time no reason?

Tks in advance.

Hi Dougnti so far it's still work very well. I made each OS update without issue.

Ok solved it, maybe it could help other people.
Basically I installed this card after upgrade El capitan to Sierra.

Now I made a Sierra clean install with this wifi card inserted, put only basical kext and put imac 14,2 as SMBIOS.

It works like a charm now.

What Kext do you used?
Thanks

What Kext do you used?
Thanks

It's supported natively, so no kext needed. I have the same card and it just works.

I have it plugged into the top pci-e 1x slot and it works on Sierra, High Sierra and Mojave.

Last edited:
It's support natively, so no kext needed. I have the same card and it just works.

I have it plugged into the top pci-e 1x slot and it works on Sierra and High Sierra.

Hello bmacosx86. Thanks.
My problem is the interference of many equipaments in the same room. I work with audio recording and I believe that the isolation of my studio disturbed the internet traffic.

I bought a new router with five antennas and put two more powerful in the T8e, with 5 dB each and, now, the internet is amazing. Total speed.

Sorry for my english.

Hugs,
Magnos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back