Contribute
Register

Need some help with Clover Dual Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone!
I've been thinking a lot about installing OS X on my desktop PC. I have a Macbook Pro, but it's kind of old for editing Full HD vids and stuff like that. (I currently use it for mostly music recording and editing it, and the experience it has given me is unexplainably amazing.) So I have decided, that I'm going to do it and install Sierra on my PC.
I've found out, that I need the Legacy version, since my BIOS is the older type, without cursor, just the blue background.

My question would be the following:
So I have both Windows 7 and XP installed, on different drives. If I install Sierra, on another drive, with Clover Boot Menu, what will happen? Currently, when I start up my PC I get the regular boot menu, where I can choose which Windows OS I would like to boot in. Am I going to loose the previous Windows versions? (7 and XP) Or are they going to stay there? Does Clover overwrite the original Boot menu? Once I know what is going to happen, I'm sure it will all make sense, but right now, I just don't get it at all...
If anything happened to the XP, maybe I wouldn't even mind, but I really would NOT like to loose my data from my Windows 7 OS.

This might sound like a dumb question, and I'm sorry if it is. I was looking all over the place, but couldn't find the answer for these things.

Thank you for your help, in advance. :)

Hi Everyone!
I've been thinking a lot about installing OS X on my desktop PC. I have a Macbook Pro, but it's kind of old for editing Full HD vids and stuff like that. (I currently use it for mostly music recording and editing it, and the experience it has given me is unexplainably amazing.) So I have decided, that I'm going to do it and install Sierra on my PC.
I've found out, that I need the Legacy version, since my BIOS is the older type, without cursor, just the blue background.

My question would be the following:
So I have both Windows 7 and XP installed, on different drives. If I install Sierra, on another drive, with Clover Boot Menu, what will happen? Currently, when I start up my PC I get the regular boot menu, where I can choose which Windows OS I would like to boot in. Am I going to loose the previous Windows versions? (7 and XP) Or are they going to stay there? Does Clover overwrite the original Boot menu? Once I know what is going to happen, I'm sure it will all make sense, but right now, I just don't get it at all...
If anything happened to the XP, maybe I wouldn't even mind, but I really would NOT like to loose my data from my Windows 7 OS.

This might sound like a dumb question, and I'm sorry if it is. I was looking all over the place, but couldn't find the answer for these things.

Thank you for your help, in advance. :)

Should be good, just unplug all your Windows drives when installing MacOS on a separate drive, install clover on your MacOS drive, plug all the rest of the drives in and it should theoretically recognize your Windows installs!

If installed on a separate drive from the Windows installs Clover will not affect the other drives. Be sure to install Clover Legacy mode so it will be able to boot your Legacy installed Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back