Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Quick back history.
I semi-successfully had a Hackintosh running fine using the tools and guides here using Retail Snow Leopard with great success except audio was not great and I could not get the network to work at all.

Old Hardware based system
Asus P5QL
Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0Ghz
4GB DDR2 RAM (for install) had 8GB for system
Nvidia GeForce 9600GT
Seagate 1GB SATA Drive
LG SATA DVD Drive

again system worked great except I could not get it on the network....so I took the plunge and shelled out some bucks to build a new system

Current build on recommend hardware is bombing which frusturates me a little considering my old tech based system ran very well except for the LAN issue (driver issue). It bombs during the MAC OS X 10.6.8 combo update. It gets almost done and then stops. I then get the on screen message You need to restart you computer. Hold Down the power button until it turns off, then press the power button again. This is the not the nice and friendly restart your computer request, this is the nasty in your face your system is hosed restart MAC message.

Should I try and run MuliBeast before the update.....what would happen?

My system is based on Sandy Bridge CustoMac Build #4 with only minor changes

Here is my current hardware:
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 LGA 1155 Z68

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600 LGA 1155 Boxed Processor

Memory: Corsair XMS3 Series 4GB DDR3-2000 (PC3-16000) (have 16GB for system) Only 4GB installed right now for config

Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1.5TB SATA 3.0Gbps (System partition of 750GB)

Video: Gigabyte GV-R687OC-1GD AMD Radeon HD 6870 1024MB

Otical Drive: LG LG 12X SATA Blu-Ray DVD Burner

Case: Antec Three Hundred ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Power Supply: Antec EarthWatts Green Series 650 Watt ATX 12V Power Supply

Installation DVD: Mac OS X Snow Leopard - Retail

On a side note but not a game killer at the moment when I did the initial boot into OS X on the old Asus Nvidia based system, I had dual screens (dual monitors) on the new system with the Radeon HD 6870 there is only 1 screen.

Anyone have any ideas on what course of action I should take?

My Current config is pretty darn close to what is recommened for a CustoMac
CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K -
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 -
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6870 -
RAM: Corsair Vengence Blu 1600Mhz DDR3 (16GB) -
Case: Cooler Master Elite 370 -
Power Supply: OCZ 600watt ModXStream Pro -
Optical Drive: Sony Optiarc -
Hard Drive: Seagate 1 TB 7200RPM -
Installation DVD: Mac OS X Snow Leopard

I think this might be my solution:
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/07/ ... -1068.html

Strange that the combo update worked on my old Asus P5QL Pro with Core2Duo 3.0Ghz

I also see that the Radeon 6x support is with 10.6.8 so maybe my dual screen will work. Will try this later tonight as I need to hit the rack some before work :)

If this works, I will be a contributing member here....love the website!

pebcak2000 said:
I think this might be my solution:
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/07/ ... -1068.html

Strange that the combo update worked on my old Asus P5QL Pro with Core2Duo 3.0Ghz

I also see that the Radeon 6x support is with 10.6.8 so maybe my dual screen will work. Will try this later tonight as I need to hit the rack some before work :)

If this works, I will be a contributing member here....love the website!

if your saying you didnt run update helper then reboot to desktop then run combo update dont reboot run multibeast first then reboot to bios and set osx drive as 1st priority.....
if thats what your saying you didnt do yes thats your problem on 1155 sandy bridge.
:thumbup:

Ran updatehelper.....and then the combo update and it bombed again :(

pebcak2000 said:

did you reboot instantly after update helper :?: {without running combo}

hardmantosh said:
pebcak2000 said:

did you reboot instantly after update helper :?: {without running combo}

no I didn't. maybe I should?

Another thing that I noticed that may be an issue is the server will not boot off of the hard drive post multi-beast

Steps taken
1. Clear drive (using Ubuntu boot disc and then running diskutil)
2. Iboot
3. SL Retail Install
4. Iboot - MAC launch
4. Run Multibeast
a. install EasyBeast
5. Attempt reboot from hard drive - fail (can boot to mac via Iboot again)

So I am having multiple issues.

Should I be installing the DSDT for my motherboard instead of trying EasyBeast?

pebcak2000 said:
Another thing that I noticed that may be an issue is the server will not boot off of the hard drive post multi-beast

Steps taken
1. Clear drive (using Ubuntu boot disc and then running diskutil)
2. Iboot
3. SL Retail Install
4. Iboot - MAC launch
4. Run Multibeast
a. install EasyBeast
5. Attempt reboot from hard drive - fail (can boot to mac via Iboot again)

So I am having multiple issues.

from what your writing now your doing it wrong again:::an differently than i said;
:::::::::::::reinstall from start exactly like this below::::::::::::::::::::::::::

run iboot disc
swap to snow disc
install snow leopard when install is done let it reboot and use iboot to get you to 10.6.3
desktop
at 10.6.3 desktop run update helper and when done reboot(nothing else)
reboot with iboot back into 10.6.3 and run 10.6.8 combo (no reboot)run multibeast
and choose your items and then reboot,,,at this reboot go to bios first and set osx drive as1boot priority set 2nd tohdd other and set 3rd to cd/dvd take out iboot and you should be able to boot frinto 10.6.8 desktop via hdd only....

make sure in m/beast you choose easybeast or userdsdt,system utilities and what you need for mobo...
that should get you clean boot without iboot..if your not getting that recheck your settings in bios... :thumbup:

if this does not work for you , you are having other issues....................................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back