Contribute
Register

Need some help - new install using recommed hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool and thak you. Will try this when I get a chance tonight. (did not try again before last post). Will post results tonight.

pebcak2000 said:
Cool and thak you. Will try this when I get a chance tonight. (did not try again before last post). Will post results tonight.

no probs its 2am here so im off: :thumbup:

semi-success. I did manage to get Snow Leopard on and could boot directly into it. Did not get network to work (did not test audio). My motherboard had BIOS F2 installed....I tried the F1 DSDT and the hosed up the system.

So now I am the process of trying again. I have updated my BIOS to F6 so we will see if this makes a difference.

pebcak2000 said:
semi-success. I did manage to get Snow Leopard on and could boot directly into it. Did not get network to work (did not test audio). My motherboard had BIOS F2 installed....I tried the F1 DSDT and the hosed up the system.

So now I am the process of trying again. I have updated my BIOS to F6 so we will see if this makes a difference.

yes good luck it should...
dont install other DSDT files totally not the thing to do :!:
:thumbup:
dont forget to go back to bios and reset everything after updating your bios as all previous settings will be lost... :thumbup:

Still having some problems that I will attempt to document here:

Steps performed
1. run iboot disc
2. swap to snow disc
3. install snow leopard use iboot to get to 10.6.3 desktop
4. at 10.6.3 desktop run update helper and reboot(nothing else)
5. reboot with iboot back into 10.6.3 and run 10.6.8 combo (no reboot)
6. run multibeast
7. select easybeast
8. Reboot when complete
This works in that Snow Leopard is installed and can boot straight to it but has the following issues:

Issues:
1. No Network
2. Video only has option for one display screen
3. Suspect audio but have not tested.

Also have tried above method and then ran mulibeast to install the LAN & audio drivers with no success. System still boots up fine but no network (audio not tested)

So I then tried the following procedure, as stated I flash my BIOS to F6

Steps performed
1. run iboot disc
2. swap to snow disc
3. install snow leopard use iboot to get to 10.6.3 desktop
4. at 10.6.3 desktop run update helper and reboot(nothing else)
5. reboot with iboot back into 10.6.3 and run 10.6.8 combo (no reboot)
6. copy dsdt-ga-z68xp-ud3-f6 to desktop
7. run multibeast
8. select dsdt option
9. Reboot when complete.

This results in my screen going black with no video after booting into Snow Leopard and the system is unresponsive.

So I am assuming that I am missing a step or procedure again.

Tried another run with EasyBeast plus the following steps

1. Ran EasyBeast then Reboot
2. Install Audio - ALC8xxHDA & Non-DSDT HDAEnabler
3. Install LAN - Lnx2Max's RealtekRTL81xx Ethernet
4. Rebooted
5. Ran System Utilities - Rebuild Caches
6. Ran System Utilities - Repair Permissions
7. Reboot

After startup, no LAN or Audio (did test for audio this time)

So current status of system is semi-operational with following issues:
1. DSDT for my board does not seem to work
2. Cannot get LAN or Audio to work
3. Once LAN & Audio works would like to find solution for Radeon HD 6870 card

pebcak2000 said:
Tried another run with EasyBeast plus the following steps

1. Ran EasyBeast then Reboot
2. Install Audio - ALC8xxHDA & Non-DSDT HDAEnabler
3. Install LAN - Lnx2Max's RealtekRTL81xx Ethernet
4. Rebooted
5. Ran System Utilities - Rebuild Caches
6. Ran System Utilities - Repair Permissions
7. Reboot

After startup, no LAN or Audio (did test for audio this time)

So current status of system is semi-operational with following issues:
1. DSDT for my board does not seem to work
2. Cannot get LAN or Audio to work
3. Once LAN & Audio works would like to find solution for Radeon HD 6870 card

Did you rename your DSDT file to DSDT.aml on your desktop ..that would more than likely be the issue with that not working if you didn't rename it.............
if you used DSDT from this site there shouldn't be a problem with it....

Status Update:

So I did rename the DSDT file and tried again, same result of a blank screen on reboot. I think that it has something to do with the video...not sure. I decided to order a Custom Beast for my system and will see where that gets me. In the meantime, I decided to give another run using EasyBeast.....and the results were positive.

The latest run with EasyBeast seems to be working pretty good and I have managed to get the Network operational. Still have not found the right kext for audio but I am still trying.

Other current known issues with system using EasyBeast:
1. Video - no support for Radeon HD 6870. Video works but does not allow multiscreen viewing.

2. Strange issue with display detection. Tried detecting display a few times and twice it discovered the correct display (LG E2360). But upon reboot display reverts back to VGA.

3. When computer goes into sleep mode it does not recover requiring hard reboot. For now I have disabled the computer from going to sleep. I suspect that this problem would not be an issue if I was able to get the DSDt for this board to work.

Next step is to get audio working and then find a solution for supporing the Radeon HD 6870. If I can complete these steps, system stability testing will ensue.

I did run software updates and to my surprise noting got hosed up. :)

pebcak2000 said:
Status Update:

So I did rename the DSDT file and tried again, same result of a blank screen on reboot. I think that it has something to do with the video...not sure. I decided to order a Custom Beast for my system and will see where that gets me. In the meantime, I decided to give another run using EasyBeast.....and the results were positive.

The latest run with EasyBeast seems to be working pretty good and I have managed to get the Network operational. Still have not found the right kext for audio but I am still trying.

Other current known issues with system using EasyBeast:
1. Video - no support for Radeon HD 6870. Video works but does not allow multiscreen viewing.

2. Strange issue with display detection. Tried detecting display a few times and twice it discovered the correct display (LG E2360). But upon reboot display reverts back to VGA.

3. When computer goes into sleep mode it does not recover requiring hard reboot. For now I have disabled the computer from going to sleep. I suspect that this problem would not be an issue if I was able to get the DSDt for this board to work.

Next step is to get audio working and then find a solution for supporing the Radeon HD 6870. If I can complete these steps, system stability testing will ensue.

I did run software updates and to my surprise noting got hosed up. :)

for audio it should be same as mine;i could be wrong but try this;

run multibeast with the first realtek choice and sys utilities and reboot....
upon the desktop do a shutdown
boot up again and run multibeast and choose hda rollback and reboot;
back into desktop should be ok..........
that was my audio fully sorted; :thumbup:

Your method did not quite work (man my board seems fussy) but the good news.....I did get there. Audio works!!! bad news is I am not 100% sure what the heck I did. In short, I have a few drivers installed. Not pretty but like in sports, a win is a win.

So now I am debating how to proceed.

Do I wait for the CustomBeast DSDT and try a run again to see if this brings my HD 6870 to life with dual screens? Or do I install my HD 6870 into my Primary windows computer and use it's againg but still good GeForce 9600GT? I do know that MultiBeast works natively with the 9600GT because I have already done this :)

oh the decisions. :)

So at this time it appears the only issue left to resolve is video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back