Contribute
Register

need some help, cannot get 'Mac Pro' system definition to function!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe (Mini ITX)
CPU
Intel Core I7 3770K
Graphics
Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 680
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys, struggling to get "About This Mac" to show my system as a Mac Pro as opposed to an iMac 2001 (which its set as default)

I've used multibeast for post installation, selecting Mac Pro 3,1 as system definition and it successfully installs the smbios.plis in /extra. After rebooting when going back into About This Mac its still showing as iMac 2001 with no serial number generated

I took a look in System/Library/Extensions and notices theres the AppleSMBIOS.kext is there anyway this is the cause?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

Try to add AppleTyMCEDriver.kext in your System/Library/Extensions and then run Multibeast and check. Else you can also try to install Mac Pro 5,1 or 4,1 sysdef

Hi guys, struggling to get "About This Mac" to show my system as a Mac Pro as opposed to an iMac 2001 (which its set as default)

I've used multibeast for post installation, selecting Mac Pro 3,1 as system definition and it successfully installs the smbios.plis in /extra. After rebooting when going back into About This Mac its still showing as iMac 2001 with no serial number generated

I took a look in System/Library/Extensions and notices theres the AppleSMBIOS.kext is there anyway this is the cause?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

Look at the output from bdmesg in Terminal to determine where smbios.plist list loading from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back