Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all, I'm about to attempt my first Hackintosh and was thinking of buying a mobo bundle. This is what I've been looking at,

Motherboard : Gigabyte Z77-D3H USB3.0
CPU : Intel I5 3470 Core I5 CPU
Cooling : Standard Intel Retail Cooler
Memory : 4GB DDR3 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance Memory

Not much info but its a start. Can anyone
Please advise wether this is a good choice for my first build? I am hoping to have Mountain Lion running on this eventually. Any advice you guys can give would be appreciated. Thanks:D

Hi all, I'm about to attempt my first Hackintosh and was thinking of buying a mobo bundle. This is what I've been looking at,

Motherboard : Gigabyte Z77-D3H USB3.0
CPU : Intel I5 3470 Core I5 CPU
Cooling : Standard Intel Retail Cooler
Memory : 4GB DDR3 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance Memory

Not much info but its a start. Can anyone
Please advise wether this is a good choice for my first build? I am hoping to have Mountain Lion running on this eventually. Any advice you guys can give would be appreciated. Thanks:D

Take a look at this to learn about what works and what doesn't on the Z77-D3h board

http://youtu.be/M_NNbYvYp50

Take a look at this to learn about what works and what doesn't on the Z77-D3h board

http://youtu.be/M_NNbYvYp50

This is a pretty old video. I've read recently about people having full success (including the audio) on this mobo, with guides. I'm getting the same board next week.

EDIT:

I was talking about the SLI one, z77x, but I think the same applies.

Thanks for that. Taking into account this video being old, it still looks like im making a good start. The audio workaround he mentions is £9 on Amazon so, any problems, i can adapt with that but as mentioned by Killjoy, people have had success with audio. So, for now, it's all good. Cheers:headbang:

I have another question about the mSata ssd. I'm planning on buying one but I have got no idea which one to get. Are all mSata ssd's compatible with this mobo? I'm thinking not. So, what are my options? I should add that I have spent the day searching on-line for the answer but am getting nowhere. Any help or advice is truly appreciated from you guys.

I have another question about the mSata ssd. I'm planning on buying one but I have got no idea which one to get. Are all mSata ssd's compatible with this mobo? I'm thinking not. So, what are my options? I should add that I have spent the day searching on-line for the answer but am getting nowhere. Any help or advice is truly appreciated from you guys.

I don't know for certain the answer to your question. However there is one listed in the June buyers guide. This might be because it supports 512 sectors rather than 4k - but that is only my theory on it.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/365-building-customac-buyer-s-guide-june-2013.html#drives

Adrian B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back