Contribute
Register

Need opinion for a chosen system. Sugestion much appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
osoull said:
Mackilroy said:
I believe that processor works, but why not go quad-core? (unless you really want the higher base clock speed)
Don't know what I was thinking. Might have been blinded by the price vs clockspeed for Clarkdale. I'll go for the core i5 750 quad! Thanks for opening my eyes.
tinkerC said:
I actually am going for the EVGA 9800 GTX+, which is a little better than some other 9800 GTX+s. I picked it because it works well, is slightly extreme, and is a nice price.

The other graphics card you picked will work fine, it is used on the blog.

Also from the blog, the i5 661 will work fine with Vanilla Kernel.

Tom
I see what you mean.

On another subject, core i5 processors don´t actually use quickpath, only core i7 9xx and above. How much of a drawback do you think that is?

Oli

What is quickpath?

Tom

osoull said:
Mackilroy said:
I believe that processor works, but why not go quad-core? (unless you really want the higher base clock speed)
Don't know what I was thinking. Might have been blinded by the price vs clockspeed for Clarkdale. I'll go for the core i5 750 quad! Thanks for opening my eyes.
tinkerC said:
I actually am going for the EVGA 9800 GTX+, which is a little better than some other 9800 GTX+s. I picked it because it works well, is slightly extreme, and is a nice price.

The other graphics card you picked will work fine, it is used on the blog.

Also from the blog, the i5 661 will work fine with Vanilla Kernel.

Tom
I see what you mean.

On another subject, core i5 processors don´t actually use quickpath, only core i7 9xx and above. How much of a drawback do you think that is?

Oli

No loss.

Tom

tinkerC said:
No loss.

Tom

And, just to add a bit more info, quickpath is just a new architecture by Intel. Architectures only make things a bit more efficient (sometimes worse, if the architecture design is off), but you don't necessarily feel a boost in speed unless the previous architecture (in your case, the one used in the Lynnfield series) is a really good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back