Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 770 OC
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello forum, I need a new MB, right now I have the GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev 1.3, but I´m having a boot loop and this is the second time I have to send it back.
So I want another one, so my question is, should I go with a Z77 or Z68? The only Z77 MB within my price range is the GA-Z77X-UD3H and the GA-Z77X-D3H but I don´t know if they are fully compatible.
I´ve been thinking of the GA-Z68XP-UD3 but I´m not sure about that one either.
So please tell me if one of these Mobos will work, will I have any problems running the i5 2500k on a Z77 mobo?
Also hit me up if you know another Mobo that will work.

CURRENT SETUP:

Mobo: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev 1.3 F11

CPU: i5 2500k @stock

RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance(1x8)

GPU: XFX Radeon 6870 Dual fan edition

Thanks in advance!

DamperLullz

Hello forum, I need a new MB, right now I have the GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev 1.3, but I´m having a boot loop and this is the second time I have to send it back.
So I want another one, so my question is, should I go with a Z77 or Z68? The only Z77 MB within my price range is the GA-Z77X-UD3H and the GA-Z77X-D3H but I don´t know if they are fully compatible.
I´ve been thinking of the GA-Z68XP-UD3 but I´m not sure about that one either.
So please tell me if one of these Mobos will work, will I have any problems running the i5 2500k on a Z77 mobo?
Also hit me up if you know another Mobo that will work.

CURRENT SETUP:

Mobo: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev 1.3 F11

CPU: i5 2500k @stock

RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance(1x8)

GPU: XFX Radeon 6870 Dual fan edition

Thanks in advance!

DamperLullz

The ZZX UD3H has SLI but also have VIA chipset for Audio, so sound options are limited. The other one D3H is fully compatible but no SLI or Xfire.

I personally have the UD3H and been using the built Airplay functionality for sound :)

The ZZX UD3H has SLI but also have VIA chipset for Audio, so sound options are limited. The other one D3H is fully compatible but no SLI or Xfire.

I personally have the UD3H and been using the built Airplay functionality for sound :)

Can you explain the sound problem a little bit more detailed?
Like will I have sound at all? Is there a fix? :)

Can you explain the sound problem a little bit more detailed?
Like will I have sound at all? Is there a fix? :)
Do you plan audio over HDMI? toleda has confirmed that with the right DSDT edits for audio over HDMI it doesn't matter if it is VIA chipset on the motherboard. You can get 8 channel over HDMI or 2 channel over DP with onboard and discrete gfx cards and the native AppleHDA kext.

Do you plan audio over HDMI? toleda has confirmed that with the right DSDT edits for audio over HDMI it doesn't matter if it is VIA chipset on the motherboard. You can get 8 channel over HDMI or 2 channel over DP with onboard and discrete gfx cards and the native AppleHDA kext.

No i don't, i will just be using the green audio out :)

But the D3H also has the VIA audio chipset...

Why don't you get the GA-Z77-DS3H? Fully supported and cheap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back