PowerColor Radeon 5770
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Re: Accidentally checked all Multibeast options.

Just my thought, don't take it seriously. Cause I do not know as I am not sure if re-run the combo update might not be a clean option.

How about rerun combo update and apply multibeast with only selective options that you wanted?

We should petition for an option call "UNBEAST" :p

Basically you want to delete all the kexts that were installed in /S/L/E (try listing by modification date maybe?) and remove /Extra, then reinstall.

I'd reinstall. Reinstalling doesn't take long at all, and since you don't have any content on the machine yet, that's the route I would go in order to run into any problems down the road.

Snarf103 said:
Just reinstalled, got sound working on first boot.
Thanks for the help!

Congrats! :headbang:

Duplicate posts

Snarf103 said:
Hi,

After installing Snow Leopard i accidentally checked all the multibeast options.
Seeing as i've been told that this could very well be the reason why i can't boot directly from my HDD and i need to use the iBoot CD, i want to get rid of the .kext's i don't need.
Could anyone explain to me how i delete all kexts/multibeast parts and run it again using the correct options this time?
I hope that it's possible without installing Snow Leopard again, seeing as it took me a while to install in the first place.

Thanks!

Snarf103 said:
Hi,

Seeing as searching for this problem gave me about every thread in this forum because the word iboot was in it, i decided to make a new thread.
I used this guide : viewtopic.php?f=81&t=11465
And almost everything is working perfectly, expect for the booting without disk.
My bios says : "DMI pool verifying" (something in that direction, don't know exactly) and then some dots appear on the line below and nothing happens.
Could this be a bios setting?

Thanks!

Snarf - please can you not post duplicate posts. Asking for help that you've added all the option in MB and also that you cannot boot to HD are closely linked and don't require two posts. Moved to Installation Support

It sounds like a BIOS issue that you don't have First Boot drive to your drive where you installed OSX. Do you only have 1 HD attached? Have you loaded your BIOS settings per the link in my signature?

Snarf103 said:
Sorry, i thought it would be okay seeing as i reinstalled and only selected the correct multibeast options.

Anyway, i have 2 HDD's in my setup.
I've set all ports to AHCI, and did all the other bios settings in the tutorial.
Maybe i have to set my boot priority back to HDD first?

Can you post a screen shots of your BIOS settings (not CPU/RAM/Voltages) and I can take a look.

I would unplug the HD that doesn't contain Snow Leopard for the moment while you are getting it all set up and working.

Yes - once you've run MultiBeast to install Chameleon to your Snow Leopard HD, you should set your 1st boot drive to that HD (and I'd disable the 2nd and 3rd boot drives - because if you want to boot to CD then just press F12 at restart to get Boot Menu).

Have you read my BIOS settings guide and Lnx2Mac's excellent guide:
http://lnx2mac.blogspot.com/2010/07/optimal-bios-configuration.html
BIOS_Advanced_BIOS_Features.jpg

BIOS_Integrated_Peripherals.jpg

BIOS_Power_Management_Setup.jpg

I said to remove the HD that you aren't using and you still have two HDs ! Unplug one - check you can boot using iBoot (to check that you are removing the right one). PLEASE !

Then go back into the BIOS and check the difference on "Advanced BIOS Features"
You need to change "First Boot Device" to Hard Disk and disable 2nd and 3rd boot device.

Also "Init Display 1st" = PCIe 16 x 1

Integrated Peripherals - disable all other SATA ports - eSATA, GSATA 6/7 and GSATA3

Snarf103 said:
I'm sorry, i guessed i should make a time machine back up just in case.

I did what you said and it booted without cd! Thank you so much, you've helped me great deal.
It also instantly recognized all my 6GB of ram now.

So i can now safely plug in the remaining hard drives and set the OS to 64 bit?
Also, could i ask if it's common that you get a "error : you need to shut this computer down" when you plug in a USB device (harddrive/telephone/ipod) and if so, is there a tutorial on it?
Thanks so much!
Aside from that my sleep isn't working with your tutorial either. Guess i'd post it here so you could maybe redirect me to another thread ;)

Before you plug in the HDs - write down the name of the OSX HD that is currently showing in your BIOS under HD boot order - and make sure that 1 is set to the top of the HD boot priority.

Other USB things - if you get errors then you are using something that isn't OSX compatible. Test them one by one . Try plugging in once booted to OSX

Snarf103 said:
Tried that already, if i leave my Western Digital disk plugged it the computer doesn't boot and show the same message.
If i plug it in afterwards same thing goes.
I use the drive almost every day with my Macbook, so i doubt it wouldn't be compatible. (also said so on the box).
Same thing happens with my telephone and other USB devices, so i'm guessing it's a problem with the computer itself.

And by the way, my computer is now booting perfectly from my Maxtor, and instantly recognizes both of my Spinpoint drives.
thank you!

Plug the USB HD in, turn on your machine and go into the BIOS.

Check the HD boot priority again and check that you don't have USB HD as the 1st in the list and make sure that you OSX HD is first. In the BIOS you can enable USB HDs to be recognised as boot devices (allows you to boot Chameleon from USB or Linux etc - and also to flash your BIOS using a USB stick) and it may have shot to the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back