Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Everyone,

I've had a look through this section of the forum, but can't seem to find an answer to my question, so I thought I'd post a new thread about my problem.

I've just finished building my first Hackintosh and everything is set up perfectly, apart from one thing, the graphics card refuses to carry any audio down the HDMI output to my TV, when running OSX. I've tested this with with a number of different TVs and HDMI cables, so I know there's no issue there.

I have Windows installed on another drive and Windows does support audio down the HDMI output, but I can't get it to work with OSX Mountain Lion (10.8.3) for the life of me.

I'm using an XFX ATI Radeon HD 5770 with a Gigabyte Z77-DS3H Motherboard and an i5 Ivy Bridge Processor with Intel HD Graphics 2500, in case that helps.

I've seen a few threads where people are using an edited DSDT file to get the audio to work, but the Z77-DS3H doesn't require a DSDT file, so I'm not sure if that will work for me.

Also, the audio is outputted from the Motherboard to speakers when I plug them directly into the Motherboard's audio out, but I want the HDMI to bring the audio to the TV, and then the TV output the audio to the speakers (because I have other devices connected to the TV which all take advantage of the speaker system).

If anyone can help me sort this out, I'd really appreciate it!

I've seen a few threads where people are using an edited DSDT file to get the audio to work, but the Z77-DS3H doesn't require a DSDT file, so I'm not sure if that will work for me.

It does if you want HDMI audio! AIUI there is no CPU/Graphics Card/Motherboard that provides HDMI audio out of the box for hackintosh.

The easy guide I followed for the same motherboard worked for me. but that was using HD4000 and Nvidia 660. I'm not sure if you require HD4000 or not to get it to work.

I've just finished building my first Hackintosh and everything is set up perfectly, apart from one thing, the graphics card refuses to carry any audio down the HDMI output to my TV, when running OSX.
Ever Intel system has a dsdt. If you want OS X HDMI audio, HDMI audio dsdt edits are required. See Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - AMI DSDT. Even with successful HDMI audio dsdt edits, it is likely framebuffer edits will be required as well. See Lion HDMI Audio - Part 3a: Kext Edits - AMD for more information. Yes, the Lion edits apply to ML. You need access to the 5770 VBIOS, confirm that is possible before doing any editing.

Thanks both of you, I'll have a look into this and report back with what I manage to accomplish.

:)

Did you get this to work? I have an issue now where I get the HDMI Audio to output but the sound is glitchy with crackling noises etc. Running on Sierra

ASUS P7P55D Deluxe Board
i7-860
4GB Ram
XFX Radeon HD 5770

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back