i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
unibeast keeps freezing on my build. First pic I unselected “set Nvidia to VERSA
Second pick only Verbose selected from boot options

Also when making the USB installer I selected UEIF

Please help

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 89
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 83
Last edited:
unibeast keeps freezing on my build. First pic I unselected “set Nvidia to VERSA

Please help
I suggest you to check 2 things for the uploaded verbose boot screen that has shown a suspicious line:

Please help

• I think it is from a failure of USB Disk file transfer from USB port problem as shown in the edited Verbose Boot screen image.
  • If that is the case this could have ended by a "Prohibit Entry Sign" or illegible verbose boot end in the next few seconds of the uploaded screen shot.
  • Check BIOS to enable USB
  • Check config.plist >Devices>USB> to make sure [√]FixOwnership is there or placed.
  • Lastly try different USB ports for USB Installer to see which port will work through out installation without fail.
  • Often they will be the rear USB ports that work OK .
  • But you really need to try to find the right one.

Attachments

• Failing USB  File transfer?.png
    Failing USB File transfer?.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 61
If you have both USB 3 and USB 2 ports, try it from the USB 2 port and if that doesn't work try creating the installer using a different USB stick.

I tried each USB port with only verbose enabled with the same result as pic 2

Last edited:
Ok so I fixed the problem by enabling usb ownership & usb injection then boot macOS with injected kext.

Now that I’m able to start the install for high sierra from my usb I can’t select the SSD I want to install it on. Now, I know when formatting I’ll see the option to set it to GUID, but some reason I don’t have that option so the SSD is just formatted as Mac OS extended journal.

So my question is how do I format it to GUID?
image.jpg
image.jpg

Ok so I fixed the problem by enabling usb ownership & usb injection then boot macOS with injected kext.

Now that I’m able to start the install for high sierra from my usb I can’t select the SSD I want to install it on. Now, I know when formatting I’ll see the option to set it to GUID, but some reason I don’t have that option so the SSD is just formatted as Mac OS extended journal.

So my question is how do I format it to GUID?
View attachment 298767 View attachment 298768

• I am glad you finally followed the clearly analyzed and suggested troubleshoot to pass the USB boot road block to reach the Disk Utility screen and partition and format a disk using the "Erase" tool
  • Your uploaded images have the Left panel cut off from view.
    • I cannot decide from your image what disk you have chosen to "Erase"
  • The GUI Erase tool does both GUID partition and Format operation in one go.
    • To confirm that GUID and not MBR or APM was used , you should click the unpartitioned "Disk" icon .
    • See the uploaded image for details
  • In all probability the "Erase" tool would have done the right thing by Partitioning the selected disk in GUID for a hard disk; no guarantee for that to happen in a Flash disk which to start with is in MBR and therefore "Erase" will also tend to make it MBR unless you guide it to use GUID :)
I can’t select the SSD I want to install it on

Upload a good screen shot including the Left Panel of DU screen for me to comment on why you could not find your target SSD.
I cannot even say what disk you have selected to Erase. You did not mention that in your post.

Attachments

• 1.Disk Utility _Anatomy of Disk Partition and Volumes and Partition Scheme.png
    1.Disk Utility _Anatomy of Disk Partition and Volumes and Partition Scheme.png
    121.6 KB · Views: 74
  • I am glad you finally followed the clearly analyzed and suggested troubleshoot to pass the USB boot road block to reach the Disk Utility screen and partition and format a disk using the "Erase" tool
  • Your uploaded images have the Left panel cut off from view.
    • I cannot decide from your image what disk you have chosen to "Erase"
  • The GUI Erase tool does both GUID partition and Format operation in one go.
    • To confirm that GUID and not MBR or APM was used , you should click the unpartitioned "Disk" icon .
    • See the uploaded image for details
  • In all probability the "Erase" tool would have done the right thing by Partitioning the selected disk in GUID for a hard disk; no guarantee for that to happen in a Flash disk which to start with is in MBR and therefore "Erase" will also tend to make it MBR unless you guide it to use GUID :)

Upload a good screen shot including the Left Panel of DU screen for me to comment on why you could not find your target SSD.
I cannot even say what disk you have selected to Erase. You did not mention that in your post.

I never said I couldn’t find one of my SSDs.
It’s grey so I can’t select it for install.
Also there is no erase tool. Not unless you’re talking about the one in Disk Utility because using that doesn’t give me an option for GUID.

I never said I couldn’t find one of my SSDs.
It’s grey so I can’t select it for install.
Also there is no erase tool. Not unless you’re talking about the one in Disk Utility because using that doesn’t give me an option for GUID.

• If the option to select a disk is "Greyed out" , I could have seen that if you had photographed what you could see on your Display Screen and uploaded that.
  • Try Pressing your Windows key and 2 (number 2 not F2) and wait and see if the Disk icon shows up properly.
  • Please upload the image.
  • Please find edited images of DU screen when USB installer is at that screen.
    • If you have a "Show Volumes Only" view you see only the partition.
    • If you cannot see the whole disk and the partition (created on a Previous attempt) , pressing Cmd key+2 or clicking "View" from DU menu and" [ √ ]Show All Devices" will show "Device" and its "Volume",
    • Then click "Device>Partition >"you should see "Partition scheme" used.(See images to understand what my words cannot convey)

Attachments

• 1.DU-Volumes View.png
    1.DU-Volumes View.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 81
  • 2.DU-Show All Devices view.png
    2.DU-Show All Devices view.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 93
  • 3.DU_Partition Information.png
    3.DU_Partition Information.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 75
Last edited:
The only option that is grayed out is Partition. Doesn't look like to me that Erase is grayed out when you have High Sierra chosen in Disk Utility. It is grayed out when you get to the installation drive choice. Did you actually execute the Erase function before going to the installation?

I was able to erase it, but there’s no option to make it GUID.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back