Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have the same basic system as Jerivalu:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...0k-intel-hd-530-thunderbolt-dual-boot.191292/

The only difference, I think, is that I use an Nvidia GTX 970 for graphics and he doesn't.

In his guide, he says all he did to get USB (including 3) working was to use the "Raise Port Limit" option from Multibeast. However, this did not work for me. None of my USB 3 ports work.

I am posting screenshots of everything I can think of that might affect this to see if someone can figure out what I've done wrong.

Here is part of my config.plist:

config.plist.png

system-report.png

Thanks in advance for your help.
config.plist.png

Attachments

• clover-kexts.png
    clover-kexts.png
    74.6 KB · Views: 107
  • system-lib-ext.png
    system-lib-ext.png
    257.2 KB · Views: 165
  • lib-ext.png
    lib-ext.png
    161.6 KB · Views: 125
I hope someone can help. As far as I can see from studying the site, the first step is to get all the ports working with RehabMan's USBInjectAll kext. I have that installed in Library/Extensions. However, it seems to me that perhaps my config.plist is out of whack. Here, again, is what it says:
Code:
<key>KextsToPatch</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Increase 15 port limit to 30 in AppleUSBXHCIPCI</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                g72M/v//EA==
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleUSBXHCIPCI</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                g72M/v//Hw==
                </data>
            </dict>

In other examples of this code I've seen, it does not have the Disabled line. Also, in other examples it says to raise the port limit to 26, whereas here it says 30.

Can someone paste in this thread the correct code for my config.plist?

Thanks.

I hope someone can help. As far as I can see from studying the site, the first step is to get all the ports working with RehabMan's USBInjectAll kext. I have that installed in Library/Extensions. However, it seems to me that perhaps my config.plist is out of whack. Here, again, is what it says:
Code:
<key>KextsToPatch</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                g72M/v//EA==
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                g72M/v//Hw==
                </data>
            </dict>

In other examples of this code I've seen, it does not have the Disabled line. Also, in other examples it says to raise the port limit to 26, whereas here it says 30.

Can someone paste in this thread the correct code for my config.plist?

Thanks.

Refer to config_patches.plist at the USBInjectAll github.

So basically I need to replace this:

Code:
<key>KextsToPatch</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                g72M/v//EA==
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                g72M/v//Hw==
                </data>
            </dict>
with this:
Code:
<key>KextsToPatch</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
               <key>Comment</key>
               <string>change 15 port limit to 26 in XHCI kext (100-series)</string>
               <key>MatchOS</key>
               <string>10.12.x</string>
               <key>Name</key>
               <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCIPCI</string>
               <key>Find</key>
               <data>g710////EA==</data>
               <key>Replace</key>
               <data>g710////Gw==</data>
           </dict>

Is that correct?

I have an ASUS board with the same chipset.
You can research the differences between the boards but I do not think they are major.
In Multibeast on the USB page I selected all three options. You already have the injectall kext.
I have full USB 3 recognition, including the USB ports on the case connected to the motherboard header.
I don't care if they are running at the correct speed because they work reliably otherwise.
You might want to try that first before manually editing the configp file. If you do edit the file be sure to make a back up copy of the original in case your machine will not boot.

I have an ASUS board with the same chipset.
You can research the differences between the boards but I do not think they are major.
In Multibeast on the USB page I selected all three options. You already have the injectall kext.
I have full USB 3 recognition, including the USB ports on the case connected to the motherboard header.
I don't care if they are running at the correct speed because they work reliably otherwise.
You might want to try that first before manually editing the configp file. If you do edit the file be sure to make a back up copy of the original in case your machine will not boot.

OK, so just run Multibeast again with all three options checked? Or just the two I didn't check before?

Actually, @bmoag the USB on this board is Intel, so checking those other options in Multibeast isn't going to help anything.

As far as I know, I have the USBInjectAll kext installed correctly and the correct patch in config.plist, and everyone I've seen who has done this has USB 3.0 working. So I'm confused and a bit frustrated as to why it's not working for me. Maybe I have a faulty motherboard.

Actually, @bmoag the USB on this board is Intel, so checking those other options in Multibeast isn't going to help anything.

As far as I know, I have the USBInjectAll kext installed correctly and the correct patch in config.plist, and everyone I've seen who has done this has USB 3.0 working. So I'm confused and a bit frustrated as to why it's not working for me. Maybe I have a faulty motherboard.

Read guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

Note "Problem Reporting".

I'm posting the requested files here. I assumed you wanted them here, not in the thread you mentioned.

None of the USB 3.0 ports work correctly. If I plug a USB 3.0 device into any of the USB 3 ports, nothing happens. They don't show up anywhere. If I plug a USB 2 device into any of the USB 3 ports, those devices show up.

I have the USBInjectAll kext and patch installed as noted above. Attached are my files as requested in the "Problem Reporting" section of the thread you linked.

Thanks for all your help.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 56
  • Terminal Saved Output.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 66
  • EdwardsIOReg.zip
    730.6 KB · Views: 40
I'm posting the requested files here. I assumed you wanted them here, not in the thread you mentioned.

None of the USB 3.0 ports work correctly. If I plug a USB 3.0 device into any of the USB 3 ports, nothing happens. They don't show up anywhere. If I plug a USB 2 device into any of the USB 3 ports, those devices show up.

I have the USBInjectAll kext and patch installed as noted above. Attached are my files as requested in the "Problem Reporting" section of the thread you linked.

Thanks for all your help.

The ioreg shows you're running 10.12.x.
It also shows your XHC ports truncated by the 15-port limit.
The port limit you have in your config.plist is for 10.11.x, not 10.12.x.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back