Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Hello !
(Sorry for my bad English.)
Trying to set your laptop «Samsung Ativ 7 np730u3e-k02» for full operation with Mac OS X 10.9 .

HWinfo: CPU Intel Core i5-3337U 1.8, Chip Intel HM76 (7 Series), Intel Ivy Bridge; GPU Intel HD Graphics 4000; BIOS AMI UEFI 2013

To install and then boot OS, using Clover UEFI v2636.

With chameleon does not work ( it does not see the SSD drive) , and even if get install OS whit Clover, and then installing the Chameleon = Bios notebook does not see the disk layout with GPT in Legacy mode. If the disc format of the MBR is Bios Legacy mode sees it - but then do not install Mac OS X. (I know that it is possible to patch or make a hybrid, and still have a ways - but I think this is not the right way). Chameleon does not fit here.

With Clover everything works fine, correctly identifies the processor (running - Turbo Boost, Hyper-Threading , and other).Not any third party kexts not installed, all of the box 10.9. Clover just correctly substitutes model MacbookAir5,2

Here is the full report of the laptop make in Linux - View attachment HWinfo_np730u.html.zip
Here is the full my Clover folder from EFI - View attachment EFI.zip
Here is the full dump of DarwinDumper_v2.9.0 (make post install with my DSDT in Clover «/EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched»,+kexts:ApplePS2ElanTouchpad_3.5v; GenericUSBXHCI_v.1.2.7.2; RealtekRTL81xx and «AppleHDA with audio inject clover 28» - View attachment DarwinDumper_2.9.0_AMI_X64_2636_Mav_cody.zip

Of course not everything works. Need help.

For stable operation need Correctly DSDT. And I do not quite understand what to do, and that it is unnecessary to touch .
Here, I make own DSDT and now use it - View attachment DSDTX.aml.zip
And this is DSDT from Linux - View attachment dsdt_linux_samsung_NP730U3E-K02RU.zip

I would be very grateful for the help , please see. And point out the error and what else to do.

At the moment, there are problems:

1. Does not work step by step brightness adjustment (although dividing brightness selected , but no effect, if at all reduced - just off screen ). Need a brightness control.

2 . Battery does not work , shows the power supply - AC adapter ( but tuning of the system is, the settings for the battery, and power supply) .
Do put ACPIBatteryManager.kext, does not work : (.

3 . There is a problem with the HD4000. Works out of the box .
a) if the change screen resolution defaul (available 1920x1080(def.), 1600x900, 1344x756) and reboot laptop - get a black screen (work backlight) :(
b) if you connect the cable HDMI ( I note that the TV detects correctly and all adjustments and manipulations with 2 screens work) and then turn off - get a black screen (only work backlight).
Just when reconnecting HDMI cable then the laptop screen works again . What to do I do not know . Reboot does not solve the problem of a laptop - only full reinstall the MacOSX.
While, I not change the screen resolution and not connect HDMI. But these functions are very necessary .

Please help suggest where and what to do.

Thank you all.

--update -- ioreg info file make in IORegisrtyExplorer.

Attachments

• Samsung_NP730U3E-K02RU.ioreg.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 201
  • PCI_list_From_DPCIManager_np730u.pdf
    28.1 KB · Views: 267
I think I can help you with your graphics, I have been working with a similar problem on a Samsung Series 5 Ultra. Also download and run, DPCIManager . Click on the PCI List tab, then go to File -> Print. At the Bottom, click PDF, then Save as a PDF. Please attach.
Hope I will be able help.

Updated--
Please attach .ioreg, the one you attached is corrupted.

--Update > make in console #ioreg -l -p IODeviceTree > ~/Desktop/NP730U.txt

Make save as.. in IORegistryExplorer v.3.0.2

Attachments

• Sam_NP730U3K.ioreg
    4.6 MB · Views: 342
  • NP730U.txt.zip
    29 KB · Views: 172
  • Sam_NP730U3K_IODeviceTree.ioreg.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 172
(sorry for my bad English)
Many thanks Rehab.
Reading your manual "How to patch DSDT for working battery status"
and Now I have a working battery status!
Once again thank you very much.

Now I have to decide only two problems:

(pls see my post #1)
- problem with the HD4000
and
- step by step brightness

Here the latest version of my working DSDT.

I would be glad if anybody will watch and helping me.

Attachments

• DSDTX1BAT.aml.zip
    15.6 KB · Views: 206
  • RehabMan-Battery-2014-0207.zip
    64.4 KB · Views: 182
(sorry for my bad English)
Many thanks Rehab.
Reading your manual "How to patch DSDT for working battery status"
and Now I have a working battery status!
Once again thank you very much.

Now I have to decide only two problems:

(pls see my post #1)
- problem with the HD4000
and
- step by step brightness

Here the latest version of my working DSDT.

I would be glad if anybody will watch and helping me.

Please update your profile to include the resolution of the screen. What ig-platform-id are you using?

Please update your profile to include the resolution of the screen. What ig-platform-id are you using?

Ok. Make it.

And + 2 ScreenShots

ScreenShot1.jpgScreenShot_PCI_List.jpg

What is the resolution of your built-in LCD display. There can be only one.

i don't know...
I have 3 resolution and they all fine working (+ if connecting HDMI to fine work TV and i can manipulating 2 displays. !But before reboot!
after reboot i get blackscreen(backlight on) :cry:

Yet, if connect hdmi, screen up , remove hdmi cable - blackscreen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back