CPU
i7-4930K @ 3.40ghz
Graphics
nvidea GeForce gtx 770
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I got a semi-new system (new cpu and motherboard) and a close friend of mine got a completely new system as well, mine works his doesn't:

my system:
Asrock x79 extreme6
3x2GB of ddr3 1600 (6GB)
Intel Core i7 3820 (4 Cores)
Nvidia gtx 260

friend's system:
Asrock x79 extreme6
8x8GB of ddr3 1600 (64GB)
Intel Core i7 4930k (6 Cores)
MSI gtx 770

i can't even get his system to launch the installer usb stick, mine worked fine, i only had difficulties getting the audio to work, but with a whole lot of hours to spend on it, i got it to work.

Is there an issue with one of his components? i'm thinking graphics or cpu might be too much for a hackintosh.

I have similar setup but haven't tried to get hackintosh to work yet. I am going to try this guide: :arrow:http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...-iv-extreme-32gb-ram-gtx-770-4gb-success.html

It seems to be working but i don't have the Asus Motherboard. Hopefully it will work on the gigabyte, if it doesn't then ill just have to wait until a update or more support is released. :roll2:

Something cool i've been trying to figure out and maybe you can try aswell is using OSX in VMware Workstation. It's not free but you can find it online, and so far i've got it to run but can't get the graphics card to see the PCI slot it only reads. VGA Graphics 128MB of Video Ram. :banghead:

There is something called VT-D that may be able to passthrough the Card to the virtual machine but i haven't been able to figure out how to activate it in the bios, i don't even know how to enable my Sata Ports in the bios :lol: ..... Hopefully we both get some help so we can start using our systems for their true power. :cool:

Check out the VMware OSX. It will support everything but heavy graphic applications like video editing heavy gaming.

Good Luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back