Contribute
Register

Need help with low/unchangeable brightness after wake (All-in-One PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Pavilion 23-q120 All-in-One Desktop
CPU
i3-4170T/H81
Graphics
HD 4400
Hello Hackintoshers :wave:,

I've installed Mojave on my HP Pavilion 23-q120 AIO DESKTOP PC with vanilla method. Most of everything seems to be working fine including the brightness control using SSDT-PNLF.aml from RehabMan's backlight guide but the issue I'm facing is after waking my PC from sleep (manually or auto) the internal display/brightness is immediately very dim and when I adjust the brightness slider it has no effect anymore.

Will appropriate any help that is given! Thank You <3

I will include my debug files below if that helps.

Attachments

• debug_11343.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 99
Hello Hackintoshers :wave:,

I've installed Mojave on my HP Pavilion 23-q120 AIO DESKTOP PC with vanilla method. Most of everything seems to be working fine including the brightness control using SSDT-PNLF.aml from RehabMan's backlight guide but the issue I'm facing is after waking my PC from sleep (manually or auto) the internal display/brightness is immediately very dim and when I adjust the brightness slider it has no effect anymore.

Will appropriate any help that is given! Thank You <3

I will include my debug files below if that helps.

You'll need to use a custom LMAX. Read comments in SSDT-PNLF.dsl and SSDT-RMCF.dsl.

You'll need to use a custom LMAX. Read comments in SSDT-PNLF.dsl and SSDT-RMCF.dsl.

Hello again,

Apologies for the bother, I tried my best trying to sort everything out on my own but unfortunately I am just not knowledgeable enough :(

So as you suggested in the other thread to determine PWMMax for 0x0d220003. I used the bootflag -igfxdump for framebuffer dump and determined 0x1499? as my custom LMAX.

I then made the important change to SSDT-RMCF.dsl and saved along side with the untouched SSDT-PNLF.aml.
Code:
// LMAX: Backlight PWM MAX.  Must match framebuffer in use.
//
// Ones: Default will be used (0x710 for Ivy/Sandy, 0xad9 for Haswell/Broadwell)
// Other values: must match framebuffer
Name(LMAX, 0x1499)
Prior to sleep brightness works just as before but unfortunately after wake I'm faced with the same issue.

Uncertain if modifying the SSDT-PNLF.dsl was necessary, I made the following change, just to test.
Code:
// Adjustment required when using AppleBacklight.kext
Local0 = ^GDID
Local2 = CUSTOM_PWMMAX_1499
No luck.

I am not sure if this info would be helpful but would also like to mention this issue also happens on a fresh install before SSDT-PNFL.aml is applied as well.

You did mention I might need custom data in AppleBacklightFixup.kext Would this apply to 0x1499? If my framebuffer value is correct (I hope)

Thank You for helping me!

Attachments

• debug_4299.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 86
Last edited:
@RehabMan
I just hope its not a DSDT issue and I'm just doing something wrong

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back