1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,
I have a very good working nearly perfect hackingtosh. But lately I have decided to use the rig to use it as Media server and more of a secondary Apple machine to do backups of all other devices; along with playing around with unknown open source applications. Anyway, Lately I started using my rig in screen sharing environment more than ever; and the experience was not as fluent. So with inadequate knowledge of different technologies, I thought that my problem was due to an absence of decent graphics card; as before I was only using integrated graphics Intel HD630 which came with my CPU, and I know for sure that my Local network is fast enough. Well, then over the weekend I found an outrageous deal on MSI AMD Radeon RX 560 AERO ITX 4G OC for $125. However, Since the moment I installed it I have not been able to configure it properly, to be able to get any picture on the screen. I have read various threads to get an idea and that just lead me to be overwhelmed with information, where more I read the more I am getting confused; SO I thought rather than trying to be smart ass, I should just bite my ego and present my misery to the forum where I learned the whole concept of Hackintosh. I will really appreciate if anyone can help me out, I am willing to reinstall the entire OS if needed; I just want have as vanilla of a system as possible. Any help in right direction will be greatly appreciated, and my info is updated with correct components.

did you find guide for this?
your post is my first stop on my search to install the same card (migrating from Nvidia)

ta

Hi all,
I have a very good working nearly perfect hackingtosh. But lately I have decided to use the rig to use it as Media server and more of a secondary Apple machine to do backups of all other devices; along with playing around with unknown open source applications. Anyway, Lately I started using my rig in screen sharing environment more than ever; and the experience was not as fluent. So with inadequate knowledge of different technologies, I thought that my problem was due to an absence of decent graphics card; as before I was only using integrated graphics Intel HD630 which came with my CPU, and I know for sure that my Local network is fast enough. Well, then over the weekend I found an outrageous deal on MSI AMD Radeon RX 560 AERO ITX 4G OC for $125. However, Since the moment I installed it I have not been able to configure it properly, to be able to get any picture on the screen. I have read various threads to get an idea and that just lead me to be overwhelmed with information, where more I read the more I am getting confused; SO I thought rather than trying to be smart ass, I should just bite my ego and present my misery to the forum where I learned the whole concept of Hackintosh. I will really appreciate if anyone can help me out, I am willing to reinstall the entire OS if needed; I just want have as vanilla of a system as possible. Any help in right direction will be greatly appreciated, and my info is updated with correct components.

did you find guide for this?
your post is my first stop on my search to install the same card (migrating from Nvidia)

ta

Hi,
I have been able to get a stable performance with this build, which includes the MSI AMD RX 560 4gb. I have set PCIe as my primary GPU, and IGPU multimonitor ON. I am attaching my EFI folder, so feel free to use whatever info you wish. The only thing I didn't bother with is the USB configuration through clover, because I can do control my USB ports through the ASRock UEFI settings page. Let me know if you need more info.
I am using latest version of High Sierra, and upgrades haven't been any difficult. and I use it mainly through the screen sharing protocol, I have attached a 4K OLED TV attached through the HDMI just for troubleshooting, just in case.
In Geekbench 4.0 benchmark for Metal I get 76402 and Open cl 2.0 = 75800.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    16.3 MB · Views: 202
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back