i5 4570 3.2Ghz
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I'm new to this thing & I need help in installing dual boot OS. I have already installed Windows 7 in my PC & don't want to erase it & do it all over again, just wanted to add OSX Snow Leopard. Can someone PLEASE give me a step by step on what to do next. My hardware are as follows below:

Hard:
Mobo: ASUS Z87-Pro Socket 1150
CPU: Haswell i5 4570 3.2GHz
RAM: 8GB PC3-12800 16MHz
Graphix: OnBoard Video Card (I don't think I need one since I'm not a GAMER)
HDD: Seagate 2TB already Partitioned to 2x 1TB

Soft:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Hi,

I'm new to this thing & I need help in installing dual boot OS. I have already installed Windows 7 in my PC & don't want to erase it & do it all over again, just wanted to add OSX Snow Leopard. Can someone PLEASE give me a step by step on what to do next. My hardware are as follows below:

Hard:
Mobo: ASUS Z87-Pro Socket 1150
CPU: Haswell i5 4570 3.2GHz
RAM: 8GB PC3-12800 16MHz
Graphix: OnBoard Video Card (I don't think I need one since I'm not a GAMER)
HDD: Seagate 2TB already Partitioned to 2x 1TB

Soft:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

You are aware, are you not, that Snow Leopard will not run on Haswell hardware normally? That you would have to always boot with iBoot Haswell?

Are you trying to install on a single HDD? Already partitioned using the Win7 install tools? If so, you won't be able to install SL on the HDD with Win7.

See http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-dual-booting-mountain-lion-windows-8-a.html

Do you know whether or not you installed Win7 EFI? Easy to check - click on the start flag, type "create and" without the quotes and then click on the create and format disk partitions selection at the top of the menu box to open disk manager. If you have an EFI partition as well as a System Reserved partition then you instslled EFI and will need to use Clover to boot with or re-install Win7 in Legacy mode. Alternative is using F8 hotkey to choose boot device from BIOS.

so, what you were trying to say that regardless of what OSX I use (SL, ML, Mavs) I would still have to use iBoot Haswell everytime I boot up my machine?

and also should I use a separate HDD or SSD for the OSX install? in that way I wouldn't have to erase win7 on my primary HDD.

so, what you were trying to say that regardless of what OSX I use (SL, ML, Mavs) I would still have to use iBoot Haswell everytime I boot up my machine?

and also should I use a separate HDD or SSD for the OSX install? in that way I wouldn't have to erase win7 on my primary HDD.
iBoot Haswell is only used for installing 10.6.0/10.6.3 on Haswell hardware so you can download Mavericks from the MAS and create a UniBeast installer USB for Mavericks. If you have access to a Mac, this whole step is not necessary - just use the Mac to download the Mavericks instal app and create the UniBeast USB.
10.8.5 is the first OS X to have support for Haswell Hardware. 10.9.0 had support for Haswell from the start. So if you install 10.9, you can boot from HDD.

Separate HDD/SSD for OS X and Win7 is preferred, but you can put them on the same HDD/SSD if you install them correctly. See http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-dual-booting-mountain-lion-windows-8-a.html

k2y

No that is not what he is saying.

Your hardware is as we say the latest and greatest.... and OSX Snow Leopard is SO 90's.... and as a result Apple has stopped supporting it .... meaning your hardware is too new to work this OLD version of OSX.

The HASWELL iBoot CD is used to boot HASWELL hardware. And HASWELL hardware only. CPU and Motherboard. This version of the iBOOT is used to install OSX SNOW LEOPARD 10.6.3 which is currently still available from Apple for 20 bucks.
We update this version to OSX 10.6.8 in order to get to the Apple App store as this is the minimum version they will support. All the while we use the HASWELL iBOOT CD to do this Booting process ( Will not boot from HD when on OSX SL)

Then we download the Mavericks file for FREE and make the UNiBeast thumb drive to install OSX 10.9 to the HASWELL hardware you have.
Once this is done we tweak for sound and network and you have a working hack.

tote

thanks very much!

hi,

I just finished updating to 10.6.8 combo then ran Multibeast after restart my mouse & keyboard are not functioning desktop is frozen. what should I do?

hi,I just finished updating to 10.6.8 combo then ran Multibeast after restart my mouse & keyboard are not functioning desktop is frozen. what should I do?
Are you still on Snow Leopard? Running MultiBeast on 10.6.8 after updating is a waste of time when you have Haswell hardware.
Boot with the iBoot Haswell disk, go to the Mac App Store and download the Mavericks install app. Follow the guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html and install Mavericks. THEN run MultiBeast.

And since you have an Asus Z87, follow this guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/401-install-bootloader-extra-efi-partition.html to be able to boot from the HDD/SSD.

hi,

I just finished updating to 10.6.8 combo then ran Multibeast after restart my mouse & keyboard are not functioning desktop is frozen. what should I do?

k2y

If your Mouse and Keyboard are not working do you have USB legacy support enabled in the BIOS.

Also did mouse and keyboard work in 10.6.3 ...

I see you said you ram MultiBeast ....

We do not use MultiBEast ... do over from ground zero... and do not use MultBeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back