CPU
i5-2500K
Graphics
HD 3000 (Disabled) + RX470
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I followed some guides and copied some .kext, .bundle, .plugin files from High Sierra (S/L/E) To Mojave (S/L/E)
and rebuild caches+reboot.
but I still can not enable HD 3000 ...
Do I need to install any kexts or edit plist?
Please help if you know how to.

7A36FC7B-5EE2-4AF2-A0B2-C171C8555B54.jpeg

macOS Mojave (10.14) drops support for many older Mac models because it relies on Metal, HD3000 do not support Metal API.

Your hardware only support up to macOS High Sierra (10.13).

macOS Mojave on any of these Mac models:
https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave
MacBook models introduced in early 2015 or later
MacBook Air models introduced in mid 2012 or later
MacBook Pro models introduced in mid 2012 or later
Mac mini models introduced in late 2012 or later
iMac models introduced in late 2012 or later
iMac Pro (all models)
Mac Pro models introduced in late 2013, plus mid 2010 or mid 2012 models with recommended Metal-capable graphics processor, including MSI Gaming Radeon RX 560 and Sapphire Radeon PULSE RX 580

macOS Mojave (10.14) drops support for many older Mac models because it relies on Metal, HD3000 do not support Metal API.

Your hardware only support up to macOS High Sierra (10.13).

macOS Mojave on any of these Mac models:
https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave
MacBook models introduced in early 2015 or later
MacBook Air models introduced in mid 2012 or later
MacBook Pro models introduced in mid 2012 or later
Mac mini models introduced in late 2012 or later
iMac models introduced in late 2012 or later
iMac Pro (all models)
Mac Pro models introduced in late 2013, plus mid 2010 or mid 2012 models with recommended Metal-capable graphics processor, including MSI Gaming Radeon RX 560 and Sapphire Radeon PULSE RX 580
Hello, I followed some guides and enabled hd 3000 successfully.
I can use it with NVIDIA as primary graphics card.
But if I use iGPU to boot up and it stuck at half progress bar.

Hi,

I have notice that some have had success with RX 580 on Mojave. I'm hoping that we could be more specific. Is it the Gigabyte Radeon RX 580 , or AMD Radeon RX 580 ? It is not clear to me, or would bother work ?

Hi,

I have notice that some have had success with RX 580 on Mojave. I'm hoping that we could be more specific. Is it the Gigabyte Radeon RX 580 , or AMD Radeon RX 580 ? It is not clear to me, or would bother work ?

Pretty much any 560 or 580 should be natively supported in Mojave.

Pretty much any 560 or 580 should be natively supported in Mojave.
Thank you for the confirmation,

Have you picked up any specific issues the card brings, like sleep - but I believe there is a solution for this.

Anything else ?

My issue with Airplay is that the icon won't show up in the menu bar. When I go into display settings and turn off/on the "show mirroring options in the menu bar" check box, the icons glitch out by creating a space for the airplay icon (but the icon is not actually shown) and then going back to normal (as if airplay was closed). This "glitch out" happens a couple times before it finally just stops. I have no way to airplay my screen to my Apple TV. However, airplay is present for the audio output, where it shows my Apple TV as the airplay receiver. So, my Apple TV is detectable, but the icon for airplay is not showing in my menu bar. Further adding to the conundrum, airplay does in fact work when selecting the option via you tube. It instantly connects to my Apple TV without any issues, however, the same glitchy menu bar icon action happens at the same time. You tube does airplay seamlessly, but no icon is shown in my menu bar. Any ideas, or suggestions on how to correct this?

Last edited:
My issue with Airplay is that the icon won't show up in the menu bar. When I go into display settings and turn off/on the "show mirroring options in the menu bar" check box, the icons glitch out by creating a space for the airplay icon (but the icon is not actually shown) and then going back to normal (as if airplay was closed). This "glitch out" happens a couple times before it finally just stops. I have no way to airplay my screen to my Apple TV. However, airplay is present for the audio output, where it shows my Apple TV as the airplay receiver. So, my Apple TV is detectable, but the icon for airplay is not showing in my menu bar. Further adding to the conundrum, airplay does in fact work when selecting the option via you tube. It instantly connects to my Apple TV without any issues, however, the same glitchy menu bar icon action happens at the same time. You tube does airplay seamlessly, but no icon is shown in my menu bar. Any ideas, or suggestions on how to correct this?

As far as I'm aware, It requires Intel QuickSynch, only available with enabled Intel HD graphics.
Look here : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-graphics-working-together.128226/#post784770. Note link is old.

You may want to use WhateverGreen here : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-intel-framebuffer-patching-using-whatevergreen.256490/

It is working on my build with WhateverGreen. I have RX580 with on-board graphics HD4600 is enabled.

YOU MUST follow the step by step guide. Very very important. Do not take shortcuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back