Contribute
Register

Need help with fresh Dell Precision (6core xeon) install

Status
Not open for further replies.
probably a silly question, but do I have to make changes to config.plist whenever I add/remove drivers to the "drivers64UEFI" folder ?

also : I have a "drivers64" too, which contains just FSInject-64.efi. Is that okay ?

but same result :-/
What same result?
Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v)
probably a silly question, but do I have to make changes to config.plist whenever I add/remove drivers to the "drivers64UEFI" folder ?
No
I have a "drivers64" too, which contains just FSInject-64.efi. Is that okay ?
The drivers64 folder is for Legacy boot mode.

Are there any updates?
Did you manage to install it? I've got this WS too, so I may be interested.

@Wufe, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard.
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

Machine specs :

Dell Precision 5820
Intel Xeon W-2133 3.6GHz, 3.9GHz Turbo, 6C, 8.25M Cache, HT, (140W) DDR4-2666
32GB (4x8GB) 2666MHz DDR4 ECC RDIMM memory
2 x PCIe SSDs in HDD Bay for Integrated controller
M.2 512GB PCIe NVMe Class 50 Solid State Drive
Radeon Pro WX 4100, 4GB, 4 mDP (5820T)

currently Win10 Pro, trying to get High Sierra on it. I followed all the steps and can reach the Clover bootmanager, but after Launching the macos installer, I get stuck on the "Couldn't allocate runtime area" error after which nothing happens (even after waiting 20 mins)

I have to say : I can not find in the BIOS any setting for "CFG-Lock" or "XHCI Handoff". Could that be problematic ? Or does a precision workstation not have those ?

Can anyone point me in the direction I should be working ? I am using the default config.plist at the moment (tried a bunch of things but reverted to default now)

I don't know if anyone ever used a Xeon hackintosh ...
Related to your machine that is the same as mine you were able to install osx?

Hello.

Have you succeed to make your WS working ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back