Contribute
Register

Need help with fresh Dell Precision (6core xeon) install

Status
Not open for further replies.
and yet another silly question : if I download the latest clover, it is an installer package. How should I handle this for a NEW computer ? When running the installer, I can choose a destination disk... should I pick the "Install MacOS High Sierra" volume on my USB stick ? Or am I mistaking things here ?

and yet another silly question : if I download the latest clover, it is an installer package. How should I handle this for a NEW computer ? When running the installer, I can choose a destination disk... should I pick the "Install MacOS High Sierra" volume on my USB stick ? Or am I mistaking things here ?
If you are installing from USB then Clover should be installed to the USB.
If you are booting from the hard drive/SSD then that is where you should install Clover.

okay... i'll run the installer and force it onto the USB. Kinda weird though since the EFI partition does NOT show up in the clover installer as possible destination.. When opening the EFI partitiion with EFI-mounter, I see that that is where the clover resides. I would expect that this is the one to upgrade with a new version and not the OSX partitiion ?

okay... i'll run the installer and force it onto the USB. Kinda weird though since the EFI partition does NOT show up in the clover installer as possible destination.. When opening the EFI partitiion with EFI-mounter, I see that that is where the clover resides. I would expect that this is the one to upgrade with a new version and not the OSX partitiion ?
You just select your USB and Clover will find its home.

2nd reminder :
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

oh.. i did not see that. Does this mean my primary hackintosh system or mac at home ?

oh.. i did not see that. Does this mean my primary hackintosh system or mac at home ?
The one that you are hacking - We have absolutely zero interest in your Mac at home.

The one that you are hacking - We have absolutely zero interest in your Mac at home.

:)

I tried to fill it in as good as I could... the Mobo list doesn't contain Dell machines I think..

I am now stuck on the infamous ++++ line (right after 'end randomseed'). I tried a fake CPU ID, and installed the latest clover download. My Drivers directory looks like this :

AppleImageCodec-64.efi
AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi
AppleUITheme-64.efi
AptioMemoryFix.efi
DataHubDxe-64.efi
EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
FirmwareVolume-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
HFSPlus.efi
SMCHelper-64.efi
VBoxHfs-64.efi

is there something I'm missing here ? I also tried OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efiand OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi to no avail :(

any help much appreciated !

My Drivers directory looks like this :
AppleImageCodec-64.efi
AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi
AppleUITheme-64.efi
AptioMemoryFix.efi
DataHubDxe-64.efi
EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
FirmwareVolume-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
HFSPlus.efi
SMCHelper-64.efi