1. iOS
Machine specs :

Dell Precision 5820
Intel Xeon W-2133 3.6GHz, 3.9GHz Turbo, 6C, 8.25M Cache, HT, (140W) DDR4-2666
32GB (4x8GB) 2666MHz DDR4 ECC RDIMM memory
2 x PCIe SSDs in HDD Bay for Integrated controller
M.2 512GB PCIe NVMe Class 50 Solid State Drive
Radeon Pro WX 4100, 4GB, 4 mDP (5820T)

currently Win10 Pro, trying to get High Sierra on it. I followed all the steps and can reach the Clover bootmanager, but after Launching the macos installer, I get stuck on the "Couldn't allocate runtime area" error after which nothing happens (even after waiting 20 mins)

I have to say : I can not find in the BIOS any setting for "CFG-Lock" or "XHCI Handoff". Could that be problematic ? Or does a precision workstation not have those ?

Can anyone point me in the direction I should be working ? I am using the default config.plist at the moment (tried a bunch of things but reverted to default now)

I don't know if anyone ever used a Xeon hackintosh ...

The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

Whichever OsxAptioFixDrv you are using you should probably try a different one.

with the clover configurator I only see two (both of which don't work). Could you point me to others ?

with the clover configurator I only see two (both of which don't work). Could you point me to others ?
See the Clover Installer.

OsxAptioFixDrv and OsxAptioFix2Drv reverted to rev before 4368 so without NVRAM support. Let them stay here for history. And sometimes OsxAptioFixDrv is only working version for high warped memory map.
OsxAptioFix2Drv is a reduced version without relocation blocks and may not works on some hardware or with older OS version. But this version supported Hibernation while first one no.
OsxAptioFix3Drv is a OsxAptioFix2Drv rev 4369 renamed to be different. This version supported NVRAM. More runtime fixes in 4379. This version can be improved by clover crew in future.
AptioMemoryFix included in the package is third-party memory fix driver used as is. It is probably better then OsxAptioFix*. Choose it for a first attempt.
OsxLowMemFixDrv is also memory fix driver, not improved since rev608.

These 5 drivers should not be used simultaneously! Choose one of them!
AptioInputFix is included in the package now. It is keyboard driver to support FileVault2 for those who have AMI UEFI BIOS.
Keep in mind that OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi is an old version of AptioMemoryFix.efi.
So, usually AptioMemoryFix.efi is preferred.

If none of these do the trick then you may need nickwoodham's solution.

thank you ! that is a very extensive list ! I'll try to test this tonight. What I wonder is : if I downloaded the latest software versions from the installation guide ( https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.235474/ ), will I automatically have the latest unibeast/multibeast/clover ?
No.
You will have the version that was current at the time that the app was released.
Later Clover builds are available in the downloads section.

aha ! That is very interesting ! So I should download clover again and overwrite that on my USB stick ?

aha ! That is very interesting ! So I should download clover again and overwrite that on my USB stick ?
If you want the latest version, yes.

as a sidenote, I have to say that i'm terribly excited about the whole hackintosh thing :) I've been an apple user/developer for 30 years now and not since the time I wrote my first fractal-generator code in Lightspeed-C on my Mac SE (which still works !) when I was 15, have I felt the thrill of waiting for some magic to happen :)

BIG kudos to the whole community for keeping this site so vibrant !

ah and about my first remark : is it okay that I could not find CFG-Lock or XHCI Handoff references in my BIOS ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back