Graphics
gtx 760 4gb
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
hey guys, im new to hackintoshing and dual booting but recently i took a hard drive from an old pc, partitioneed it using the ms-dos format and successfully installed windows 8.1 but after i booted back into osx, i wasnt able to boot back into windows, i tried everything such as changing the boot order, selected windows as startup disk on osx but nothing worked, people say its because im using a motherboard with uefi bios but im not exactly sure and i heard i have to use the clover bootloader but im affraid to try it because i dont wanna loose all my data NEED HELP THANKS GUYS

P.S. Im using Cimera as my bootloader

PART LIST:
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97MX-GAMING 5 rev.1 with F4 DUAL UEFI BiOS
Graphics: Gigabyte gtx 760 4gb (GV-N760OC-4GD rev. 2.0)
RAM: Corsair Vengence 8gb
CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K
Storage: 2 Western Digital HDD's one 1TB(OSX) and one 250GB(Windows 8.1)

hey guys, im new to hackintoshing and dual booting but recently i took a hard drive from an old pc, partitioneed it using the ms-dos format and successfully installed windows 8.1 but after i booted back into osx, i wasnt able to boot back into windows, i tried everything such as changing the boot order, selected windows as startup disk on osx but nothing worked, people say its because im using a motherboard with uefi bios but im not exactly sure and i heard i have to use the clover bootloader but im affraid to try it because i dont wanna loose all my data NEED HELP THANKS GUYS

P.S. Im using Cimera as my bootloader

PART LIST:
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97MX-GAMING 5 rev.1 with F4 DUAL UEFI BiOS
Graphics: Gigabyte gtx 760 4gb (GV-N760OC-4GD rev. 2.0)
RAM: Corsair Vengence 8gb
CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K
Storage: 2 Western Digital HDD's one 1TB(OSX) and one 250GB(Windows 8.1)
First thing you do is replace hackintosh in the system block of your profile with your board model/rev/BIOS rev.

If you use the hotkey Function key F12 can you select the Windows drive and boot from it?
Do you see any Windows icons at the Chimera timeout screen?

I can choose the windows HDD using the hot key but it will stull boot into yosemite

A windows icon does show up at the cimera boot up but when i click on it it says please insert windows boot media and restart so i did that and nothing happened

I can choose the windows HDD using the hot key but it will stull boot into yosemite

A windows icon does show up at the cimera boot up but when i click on it it says please insert windows boot media and restart so i did that and nothing happened
Don't know your BIOS settings, but if Win8.1 is installed Legacy mode then CSM must be enabled and Legacy boot must also be enabled to boot Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back