Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z390-Aorus Pro
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 590
i am setting up an Envy 15t, i7-4710, 12gb, 1920X1080 display, HD4600 gfx, clover v3113 boot

i extracted the dsdt/ssdt's with F4 in clover, then followed rehabman's advice to run iasl with all dsdt/ssdt's in the same folder.

i cleaned up the dsdt to the best of my ability.

using MaciASL compiler v5.0, i currently have 3 compile errors--
line 60, error 6074, Name already exists in scope (_SB_.PCI0.PEG0)
line 62, error 6074, Name already exists in scope (_SB_.PCI0.PEG1)
line 63, error 6074, Name already exists in scope (_SB_.PCI0.PEG2)

i also, i am trying to apply rehabman's patch for haswell gfx (https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch/blob/master/graphics/graphics_Rename-PCI0_GFX0.txt)

but....my dsdt doesn't have a device at adr 0x00020000. there are many occurrences of the word GFX0, but no device.

i have attached my dsdt.dsl, and output from IOReg v2

thanks in advance

Attachments

• Envy 15.zip
    289.1 KB · Views: 73
  • DSDT.aml.zip
    32 KB · Views: 82
i am setting up an Envy 15t, i7-4710, 12gb, 1920X1080 display, HD4600 gfx, clover v3113 boot

i extracted the dsdt/ssdt's with F4 in clover, then followed rehabman's advice to run iasl with all dsdt/ssdt's in the same folder.

i cleaned up the dsdt to the best of my ability.

using MaciASL compiler v5.0, i currently have 3 compile errors--
line 60, error 6074, Name already exists in scope (_SB_.PCI0.PEG0)
line 62, error 6074, Name already exists in scope (_SB_.PCI0.PEG1)
line 63, error 6074, Name already exists in scope (_SB_.PCI0.PEG2)

i also, i am trying to apply rehabman's patch for haswell gfx (https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch/blob/master/graphics/graphics_Rename-PCI0_GFX0.txt)

but....my dsdt doesn't have a device at adr 0x00020000. there are many occurrences of the word GFX0, but no device.

i have attached my dsdt.dsl, and output from IOReg v2

thanks in advance

Not a ProBook, moved to Yosemite Laptop Support.

The GFX0 device is often in an SSDT (with the Haswell Envy, it definitely is [I had one])

See here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...ching-dsdt-ssdt-laptop-backlight-control.html

Also, look at the Envy patch repo: https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-Envy-DSDT-Patch

by the way what is the difference between ACPI 4.0 and ACPI 5.0 in MacIASL
because when compiling with ACPI 4.0 i get no error unlike ACPI 5.0

by the way what is the difference between ACPI 4.0 and ACPI 5.0 in MacIASL
because when compiling with ACPI 4.0 i get no error unlike ACPI 5.0

ACPI 5.0 is newer than ACPI 4.0. It has more stringent error checking as specified by the 5.0 spec.

ACPI 5.0 is newer than ACPI 4.0. It has more stringent error checking as specified by the 5.0 spec.
so, users are free to use whatever works or each laptop ACPI tables should use certain version ( 4.0 or 5.0)

so, users are free to use whatever works or each laptop ACPI tables should use certain version ( 4.0 or 5.0)

Yes. You can use either if your ACPI files don't use any ACPI 5.0 features.

Not a ProBook, moved to Yosemite Laptop Support.

The GFX0 device is often in an SSDT (with the Haswell Envy, it definitely is [I had one])

See here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...ching-dsdt-ssdt-laptop-backlight-control.html

Also, look at the Envy patch repo: https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-Envy-DSDT-Patch

thanks.

i found GFX0 in SSDT-6.

i applied your haswell gfx patch.

then after checking for errors in all the ssdt's, i moved them into Patched folder along with my dsdt.

i then set the config.plist flag for drop oem ssdt to True.

at the beginning of boot i got an APIC error. it is the same error as i get when i have specified a dsdt and forgotten to put it in the folder.

returning the drop oem ssdt flag to False allows proper boot, but i assume the custom ssdt's won't be loaded.

then i went to the tables dropping menu from the clover boot-->options screen.

there are 5 ssdt's listed that can be dropped.
i unchecked the "drop all" selection, and found that when i chose to drop the ssdt with the largest number next to it (i assume those are ssdt sizes), i got the apic error at boot. selecting to drop the other 4 allowed proper boot.

ssdt-6, which is where the GFX device is, is the largest of all my ssdt's, (corresponding to the ssdt with the largest number next to it on the clover option drop menu) so i assume that unless i can drop the ssdt with the largest number next to it, my custom ssdt-6 won't load.

any suggestions?

thanks

Attachments

• SSDT-6.aml.zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 71
thanks.

i found GFX0 in SSDT-6.

i applied your haswell gfx patch.

then after checking for errors in all the ssdt's, i moved them into Patched folder along with my dsdt.

i then set the config.plist flag for drop oem ssdt to True.

at the beginning of boot i got an APIC error. it is the same error as i get when i have specified a dsdt and forgotten to put it in the folder.

returning the drop oem ssdt flag to False allows proper boot, but i assume the custom ssdt's won't be loaded.

then i went to the tables dropping menu from the clover boot-->options screen.

there are 5 ssdt's listed that can be dropped.
i unchecked the "drop all" selection, and found that when i chose to drop the ssdt with the largest number next to it (i assume those are ssdt sizes), i got the apic error at boot. selecting to drop the other 4 allowed proper boot.

ssdt-6, which is where the GFX device is, is the largest of all my ssdt's, (corresponding to the ssdt with the largest number next to it on the clover option drop menu) so i assume that unless i can drop the ssdt with the largest number next to it, my custom ssdt-6 won't load.

any suggestions?

thanks

No idea without seeing a photo of the specific error you're getting.

Plus EFI folder that causes it...

No idea without seeing a photo of the specific error you're getting.

Plus EFI folder that causes it...

sorry, should have thought of that.

for some reason, finder errored when i tried to compress EFI, so i individually attached BOOT and CLOVER folders from EFI.

Attachments

• BOOT.zip
    527.3 KB · Views: 88
  • CLOVER.zip
    17.8 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_1202.JPG.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 70
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back