CPU
i7-11700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Trying to update my Hack (GA-Z590 Vision D + I7-11700 K). I had a working Ventura update on a Z390. I have attached a verbose text.

Attachments

• Z590_EFI.png
    Z590_EFI.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 52
  • EFI.zip
    64.8 MB · Views: 73
Trying to update my Hack (GA-Z590 Vision D + I7-11700 K). I had a working Ventura update on a Z390. I have attached a verbose text.
Do you have a supported AMD graphics card like the RX 580 you have in your Z390 system? MacOS won't work properly on your Z590 without that.

And what version of Clover are you trying to use?

Do you have a supported AMD graphics card like the RX 580 you have in your Z390 system? MacOS won't work properly on your Z590 without that.

And what version of Clover are you trying to use?
I have the same graphics card Radeon Saphire 580 8GB. BTW, I was able to solve the problem. I booted with the Win 10 disk by using boot options (F12) and it booted into win 10. After that, I inserted a clover boot loader line in boot section using EasyUEFI app. When restart, an new item " boot windows from EFI" appeared, which when clicked booted into into windows. Later using clover GUI I changed it "Win 10 Boot". So I am OK now.

Thanks.

Have you considered going with Opencore instead of Clover? I think you'll be better off going that route. There is a post here on TM with identical specs to your machine, take a look here - [SUCCESS] Big Sur on Gigabyte Z590 VISION D + ...Tony Mac X86https://www.tonymacx86.com › threads › success-big-... and have a read, there is also the poster's working EFI Folder that you can maybe compare or use as a startup.

Thanks.
I have a working OC Ventura version, but was disappointed with the dual boot option. Further, I am a clover person.

As I said, in my previous post, Now, I have a working dual boot with Clover 5151 and happy with it.

I have a working OC Ventura version, but was disappointed with the dual boot option.
Ok but I don't understand why the disappointment with OC dual boot option!
Here is a pic of my System multi booting 3 OS X versions as well as Win11 that takes approx 15 seconds to reach the Desktop.

In Ventura all the new features works just like a real Mac with the new impressive Camera Hand off to iPhone that not only works in F/Time but in Photo Booth and QuickTime Player. Do you care to mention what those dual boot problems are?

I am not sure how long Clover will stay alive regarding updates but rumour has it that Slice (one of the main Developers) is stepping away from the project and the prospect of that happening is quite daunting.

I too was a staunch Clover user and believer after using Chameleon for years and still think it is a solid boot loader but when OC came along I was adamant I was going to master it after many failures and in doing so, my Clover knowledge and no-how got somewhat left behind but if you're happy with Clover, by all means be just that. :thumbup:

Attachments

• 17050739.png
    17050739.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 34
Ok but I don't understand why the disappointment with OC dual boot option!
Here is a pic of my System multi booting 3 OS X versions as well as Win11 that takes approx 15 seconds to reach the Desktop.

In Ventura all the new features works just like a real Mac with the new impressive Camera Hand off to iPhone that not only works in F/Time but in Photo Booth and QuickTime Player. Do you care to mention what those dual boot problems are?

I am not sure how long Clover will stay alive regarding updates but rumour has it that Slice (one of the main Developers) is stepping away from the project and the prospect of that happening is quite daunting.

I too was a staunch Clover user and believer after using Chameleon for years and still think it is a solid boot loader but when OC came along I was adamant I was going to master it after many failures and in doing so, my Clover knowledge and no-how got somewhat left behind but if you're happy with Clover, by all means be just that. :thumbup:
Thanks for this detailed message. I could not get the win 10 boot disk to boot. MAy be I was not doing it right. Can you provide a brief procedure to setup a dual boot in OC? I do like the extensive documents available for OC.

The best way by far to a dual/multi-booting system is to have each Operating System on their own respective drives. Although it is possible to have them on a large drive partition for each OS, that way is more prone to cross data corruption and possible installation mistakes.

The first step is, if Windows is already installed is to isolate the Windows drive until OS X is installed then follow the documented procedure to making an installation OS X USB drive and proceed to install OS X on a APFS formatted drive.

When the OS X installation is completed and booting can be achieved without the USB drive, then the Windows drive can be reconnected and dual booting can be tested by booting into each OS in turn to insure dual booting is achieved.
Hope this info will be helpful for you to make a decisive decision. Good luck.

Back