Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel NUC5i7RYH
CPU
i7
Graphics
Intel(R) Iris(TM) Graphics 6100
I have spent 2 days and 2 nights to finally get everything working on NUC5i7RYH except built-in audio.

Attached here are my boot log and screenshot.
If you look at the screenshot, the system detected some kind of audio device which gives me static noise in the output.

In windows 10 install, I had this issue which got resolved by the correct version of the audio driver downloaded from the Intel website.
After that static noise went away and I could hear actual sound output from the headphone jack.

The current workaround is that I am managing with Bluetooth audio.
However, Bluetooth headphone is for the phone and I can't dedicate it to this desktop.

Can someone help me with the correct combination of kext or guide me on how to troubleshoot this correctly?

Thank you for the kind read.

Attachments

• BootLog.txt
    19.9 KB · Views: 83
  • Screen Shot 2020-02-23 at 10.13.30 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-23 at 10.13.30 AM.png
    56.5 KB · Views: 93
I have spent 2 days and 2 nights to finally get everything working on NUC5i7RYH except built-in audio.

If you look at the screenshot, the system detected some kind of audio device which gives me static noise in the output.

In windows 10 install, I had this issue which got resolved by the correct version of the audio driver downloaded from the Intel website.
After that static noise went away and I could hear actual sound output from the headphone jack.

However, Bluetooth headphone is for the phone and I can't dedicate it to this desktop.

Can someone help me with the correct combination of kext or guide me on how to troubleshoot this correctly?

Do you mind sharing your plist file. I'm installing this today myself. Last time I tried I never got audio without usb dac on this device.. Which by the way will sound better.
Try this using audio_cloveralc audio patch with above reference fix. Add text to batch script.

You mind sharing your plist? Last time I tried this. I did manage to get audio working. This was five years ago. Then last year. I tried again. And just used a usb dac. As I didn't have time to troubleshoot. The time I got the audio to work. I literally worked on it. For a week straight. So you just using the ethernet as well? Or a usb wifi dongle? I think what became a turn off is the limited usb connections. And the wifi that is soldered on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back