Contribute
Register

Need HELP with Asus x99 Deluxe, Gtx 980 oc, and i7 5960X 8 core

Status
Not open for further replies.
If i don't ask for too much, I would like to know whether do you have any idea on how to solve these issues:

1. Both of the ethernet cards are barely usable... unbelievable slow connection speeds, i tried to copy a 100 mb zip file and it took several minutes to complete the operation... Do you have any hint on how to solve this ?

2. While overclocked by disabling xhci in bios - the geekbench gains a 10% boost, but only 4 usb ports are usable ( the usb 2.0 ones). Is there any way to patch the kernel so that the usb 3.0 to work aswell...

3. I sometimes got a message saying that the ram is not properly placed to work full speed, ( 12 gb - 3x4gb ) But actually, acording to the manual, it's the only way for them to be placed ( have tried different combinations and they don't work).

I always used the wifi as ethernet was never working...but then I cam across the attached kext and...it works! So unzip and place in S/L/E with kext wizard or some such program and then repair permissions. Credit for this should be given but I cannot remember where I downloaded from...so my apologies in advance.
I also get RAM warnings but it appears that the warnings do not reflect that the RAM is all working and in all the right slots. Perhaps the RAM is on the edge of functionality at startup but resolves itself immediately. I just ignore and continue.

Attachments

• AppleIntelE1000e.kext.zip
    133.5 KB · Views: 72
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back