Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Can anyone help me build a cheap gaming build? I am looking to spend around $800. I would like to have Sandybridge, preferably the i5, and around 4gb of RAM. Case is not of a big concern. GPU must have HDMI and/or Mini Displayport connections. Hard drive doesn't need to be 1TB, it would be nice, but to keep cost down I can settle for 500gb or 750gb. You can show me links to parts or to user builds that are similiar to what I am wanting. I really appreciate it, thank you so very much!

ATX or mATX system?

I did just see one thing. 800 USD is not much today. Gaming rig for that kind of money is not much.

MB (ATX): Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3-B3
CPU: Core i5 2500 or 2500K - If you don't want to overclock or if you do want to. BUT 2500K, overclock model, do not support VT-d. If you want to run example Windows under Parallels Desktop VT-d will help with the performance. (The price difference between 2500 and lower speed quad core is very small)
MEM: Corsair 2x2GB XMS3 memory. 1333 or 1600 MHz.
GPU: Radeon HD 6850. A card with two DVI, one HDMI and one DP. http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/07/ ... ocket.html
HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB?
OD: Sony Optiarc 7260.
CASE: Not a ugly one with window, led fan, plastic crap everywhere, USB ports and power button on top of the case, fan outlet on top of the case and other crap. They are very rare today.

VeganHipster said:
Can anyone help me build a cheap gaming build? I am looking to spend around $800. I would like to have Sandybridge, preferably the i5, and around 4gb of RAM. Case is not of a big concern. GPU must have HDMI and/or Mini Displayport connections. Hard drive doesn't need to be 1TB, it would be nice, but to keep cost down I can settle for 500gb or 750gb. You can show me links to parts or to user builds that are similiar to what I am wanting. I really appreciate it, thank you so very much!

<shameless plug incoming>

Buy a Dell XPS 8300 for $729 with an i5 2300 in it, comes with 6 gigs ram, 1TB HDD, and for another $100, u can get a ATI 5770 off the shelf to have native GFX. Latest version (for $799) comes with BluRay as well.

Has 2x SATA III ports, and 2x SATA II ports. Comes with Wireless as well as wired LAN, has SPDIF out for audio along with standard 7.1.
Then follow my guide in my sig ^.^
</shameless plug>

Or go with a GA H55M-S2V Mobo, and an i5 655K ( if u want to OC), 4-6 GiB ram ( right around $100 for that) and again, a 5770. Snag a SSD if u want ultimate access times, and yer good to go. :)

~~Grave

I know I said $800, but that is just give or take. Thank you for the suggestions guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back