1. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
First off I am a hackintosh NOOB.

I have an Asus P8P67 Pro rev 3.1
i7-2600k
16GB Ram
160 SSD Intel

I have gotten 10.6.7 Installed and everything is working. I ran UpdateHelper and then installed ComboUpdate10.6.8 and now I get a KP. if I do verbose it locks around SMC. I booted with Andy's Disk and Used MultiBeast 3.7.2 and reinstalled FakeSMC and still get a KP.

I also tried to install Lion from 10.6.7 and get a KP at boot as well.

hello did you use iboot legacy for your install? check out my signature sandy bridge step by step to lion this is how i got mine up....i hope this helps you good luck report back... :thumbup:

FYI don use a DSDT....just use easy beast...

magestrate said:
hello did you use iboot legacy for your install? check out my signature sandy bridge step by step to lion this is how i got mine up....i hope this helps you good luck report back... :thumbup:

FYI don use a DSDT....just use easy beast...
I used Andy's disk instead of iBoot no DSDT. I will check it out. Thank you.

I can get 10.6.7 Installed
if I use iBoot Legacy 2.7?
MultiBeast 3.9 with
EasyBeast
System Utilities
Audio
ALC8XXXRollBack
Graphics
Ati 6XXX Injector
10.6.7 Kext
FakeSMC
FakeSMC Plugins or something like that
IOUSBRollBack
USB3
Disk
JCm

Anyways now the system is down. so I can't check anything.
I got it up and ran UpdateHelper and ran Combo10.6.8Update and got a KP during install. Now I can't get into system with iBoot Legacy or Main Boot. Main Boot provides KP and iBoot locks.

If Install 10.6.7 with just EasyBeast and System Utilities it just stallls around Mounting NTFS disk. it is right after the IntelPowerManagement. I think.

Now I have installed Snow Leopard 10.6.7 several times with out any problems if I follow certain instructions. I have my CPU Overclocked to 4.9GHz and is stable in windows with Prime95 for 2 days. That shouldn't be the problem?

fakesmc iousbrollback fakesmacpugins are all included with easybeast... don't select them again in multibeast... hint: when setting up your components install 1 thing at a time because if you get a problem you will know what it is.... also look at my signature take a look at sandy bridge setup instructions to lion.. it could provide you with some help..

good luck..

magestrate said:
fakesmc iousbrollback fakesmacpugins are all included with easybeast... don't select them again in multibeast... hint: when setting up your components install 1 thing at a time because if you get a problem you will know what it is.... also look at my signature take a look at sandy bridge setup instructions to lion.. it could provide you with some help..

good luck..

I used your guide. The issue is 10.6.8. I only ran EasyBeast and System utills and it would not load. I have to use iBoot Legacy to get it to boot.

In 10.6.7 if I don't install the FakeSMC and IoUSB it will not load with just EasyBeast.

Is there anyway to Install Lion from Disk without 10.6.8?

[SOLVED] Need Help with 10.6.8 Upgrade then to 10.7 P8P67

I did a clean install with iBoot Legacy then updated to 10.6.7 and ran MultiBeast 3.9.1 With one thing at a time. EastBeast and System Utilities, then Graphics w/SU, Audio w/SU, Network w/SU. I restart after each time. Once then system was up. I did the 10.6.8 update using instructions from above and rebooted.

Once 10.6.8 was installed I had ran the Lion installer that I put on DVD, also using instruction from a link above. I used xMove but it failed and then I rebooted directly into Lion. IT WORKED.

I later installed the QE/CI Patch for my ATI 4890 and everything worked great. When I update to 10.7.2 I lost sound. All I had to do was run MultiBeast 4.0.3 Twice for Audio and everything work.

Thank you magestrate for his links and help!

Please mark POST Solved

Bryan,

Would you mind posting the exact steps that you followed? Did you use UpdateHelper at all?

I'm having similar issues to you. Good to hear you have it working. I'm on my 6th install now.

Thanks!

Magestrate,

Is there a difference between Bridge Helper and Update Helper?

I didn't see Bridge Helper on the downloads page.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back