Motherboard
Gigabyte EX58 UD3R
CPU
X5650
Graphics
Asus RX580 8GB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
I've tried several times with no success. I think it's related to this from the instructions at github:

"To using this program SIP security must be disable

• csrutil disable
  • csrutil authenticated-root disable (csr-active-config ➤ EF0F0000
  • Usage Clover csrutil authenticated-root disable (csr-active-config ➤ 0xFEF
  • SecureBootModel ➤ Disabled
  • Gatekeeper must be disable

IMPORTANT NOTE: The csrutil authenticated-root values must be applied before you use this peogram so if you have not already changed and made a Reset NVRAM do it and reboot then use the program. Also SecureBootModel must be Disabled in config.plist."​

I've tried several times to accomplish this but I am not able to complete the install. The process always ends with notice that there is no snapshot volume at MacintoshHD-Disk. I assume I have not correctly disabled all SIP related things.

I can boot into Monterey with either Clover or Opencore. I prefer Clover because it seems to boot more quickly but can use Opencore if it is better to solve the Disable SIP issue. If I am booted to Monterey (Clover or OC) and try to disable Gatekeeper with Hackintool I'm always given the message 'mount_apfs: volume could not be mounted: Permission denied
Mount failed with 66.

I guess the question boils down to a more guided help on how to totally disable SIP security and disable Gatekeeper.
Specifically how to…
  • csrutil disable
  • csrutil authenticated-root disable (csr-active-config ➤ EF0F0000
  • Usage Clover csrutil authenticated-root disable (csr-active-config ➤ 0xFEF
  • SecureBootModel ➤ Disabled
  • Gatekeeper must be disable

• BTW, Big Sur works fine! No GPU issues with the GeForce GTX760
I appreciate any help!

Last edited:
When you install the system, put the bootloader And remember where the system is, install the bootloader and then go to BIOS and set and remember where to boot in priority then install the patcher set the BIOS to what the system was booted from for the first time this is important
I appreciate you responding. I unfortunately do not really fully understand??

Similar with RandomNumber, my build is Xeon E3 + GTX780 + Z97X-UD3H, tried 3 times the Kepler patch in Monterey12.0.1(21A559) but it went to panic(seems CPU related) whenever reboot after the wholes procedures are performed at least seem. my build is operating in BigSur 11.6.1 perfectly. Is there anyone who is expert in this stuff? I think Monterey would be the last macOS for custom mac eventually.

Last edited:
Don't use Chris1111. Use OCLP. I could never get Chris to work but OCLP did.

See Monterey with NVIDIA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back