<< need model # >> See Rules !!
CPU
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I have a mid 2012 mac (macbook pro 9,2)

I have trying installing Snow Leopard with no success with my Snow Leopard CD's.

In the end I was able to install by using target mode and doing the install from an old iMac. The install work and it will boot as a target disk connected to teh imac but when I book natively from my macbbok pro i get kernel panic unsupported cpu family.

Is there any way of patching the install so that it will boot natively from the macbook pro?

This SL forum is for hackintoshes attempting to run Snow Leopard. You should be posting in the MBP thread for help or in some other online Mac support community.

One note, the 2012 MBPs were not in existence when SL was released in 2009. Therefore it's easy to conclude that mac OS X version has no support for Ivy Bridge Macs like the 2012 MBP. Your best bet would be to install Mt. Lion or Mavericks instead. Lion was pre-installed on these so that could work too but not worth going back even that far.

Last edited:
This is posted under infinite loop -> Mac Hardware. Exactly how would a post about hackintoshes in this forum be legit?
This was originally posted by the OP in SL Desktop Support. It was moved here by another moderator after I had responded to the OP.

Screen Shot 16.jpg

Even though you came to a mistaken conclusion due to missing information you don't have access to, you should still read and follow the Rules before posting. Thanks kindly for your cooperation.
  • Posts discussing or arguing about tonymacx86 policies or moderator actions are not allowed and will be deleted.
  • Any disputes with the staff of the tonymacx86 community will be handled in private through thru the Contact Us link on this page.

Last edited:
This was originally posted by the OP in SL Desktop Support. It was moved here by another moderator after I had responded to the OP.

View attachment 488303

Even though you came to a mistaken conclusion due to missing information you don't have access to, you should still read and follow the Rules before posting. Thanks kindly for your cooperation.
  • Posts discussing or arguing about tonymacx86 policies or moderator actions are not allowed and will be deleted.
  • Any disputes with the staff of the tonymacx86 community will be handled in private through thru the Contact Us link on this page.

Ah... No matter your rules, good form dictates a public scolding deserves a public response. You should at least treat your customers as well as you expect to be treated. Next time show them the same courtesy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back