Contribute
Register

Need help to get gtx750ti working (I'm using recommended parts)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need help to get gtx750ti working – slight success now! Next move?

I disabled nVidia with nv_disable=1 flag and it booted fine with HDMI connected to my GPU, About this mac now says "NVIDIA Chip Model 7 MB" – slight success! :thumbup:

I'm thinking about re-installing the nVidia web driver now, would that be a wise move? And if yes; Should I reboot between uninstall and new install?

I disabled nVidia with nv_disable=1 flag and it booted fine with HDMI connected to my GPU, About this mac now says "NVIDIA Chip Model 7 MB" – slight success! :thumbup:

I'm thinking about re-installing the nVidia web driver now, would that be a wise move? And if yes; Should I reboot between uninstall and new install?
Ticking inject intel in Graphics should get you onboard graphics/reboot after uninstall/if not already done try searching for problems with asus 750/ might look into active adapter for vga-hdmi/hope someone more up on asus 750's than me comes along, I am out of ideas at the moment.

Ticking inject intel in Graphics should get you onboard graphics/reboot after uninstall/if not already done try searching for problems with asus 750/ might look into active adapter for vga-hdmi/hope someone more up on asus 750's than me comes along, I am out of ideas at the moment.

I've kind of dropped my focus on getting the integrated intel graphics working for now, and started focusing on the GPU instead (I've disabled integrated graphics in my bios). I won't be needing any adapter, as I'm running hdmi to hdmi now, but without the drivers working. I understand, appreciate your effort though!

Need help to get gtx750ti working (VGA now working)

Update: So I kind of solved it. I read that switching from hdmi on the gpu to vga could work – and it did! (Now I'm using a good ol' VGA to VGA cable from my GTX 750 ti to my monitor – no adapters)

So basically everything is working, with the caveat that I have to use a VGA cable until I figure out how to enable HDMI in conjunction with the nVidia web drivers.

If anyone know how to enable the use of HDMI instead please let me know.

Update: So I kind of solved it. I read that switching from hdmi on the gpu to vga could work – and it did! (Now I'm using a good ol' VGA to VGA cable from my GTX 750 ti to my monitor – no adapters)

So basically everything is working, with the caveat that I have to use a VGA cable until I figure out how to enable HDMI in conjunction with the nVidia web drivers.

If anyone know how to enable the use of HDMI instead please let me know.
Came across this:

popposoft

Join DateNov 2014Posts2MoboYosemiteCPUIntel Core i7 4790kGraphicsAsus Geforce GTX 750 TiOnline
user-offline.png
android.png
iphone4.png
windowsphone.png
macbookair.png

06-03-2015, 10:55 AM

Hello

I own this card https://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/...pecifications/
And as described I was unable to boot using dvi or hdmi monitors. Only VGA. And without webdrivers.

The only way to make that card work is to flash another firmware

GM107.rar

I used this one (attached) from this card http://www.asus.com/it/Graphics_Card...pecifications/

I guess the Palit one could work as well

Loading the same VBIOS through Chameleon does not work

This is the only solution for this peculiar card (GTX750TI-PH-2GD5).

Instruction:
1) Download nvflash version 5.206.0.1 for Windows (google it)
2) unzip and open "cmd" then change directory to the unzipped dir
3) execute "nvflash --protectoff"
4) save your current bios (to be sure) "nvflash --save original.rom"
5) if you use only one card execute "nvflash -6 GM107.rom" <<-- this is the file I attached here, unrar it first (otherwise add the option --index=NUM where NUM is the number of your card, use --list to know the number of your card)

The software will beep as soon as it finishes and it will ask some confirmation prompts

MAKE THIS FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

I took the risk and I succeeded.​

Last edited by a moderator:
^ this is what I was talking about. ASUS branded GTX 750/750ti have HDMI issues and you have to flash it.

Is it possible to load the firmware with Clover instead of flashing? I'm thinking about LoadVBios.

Is it possible to load the firmware with Clover instead of flashing? I'm thinking about LoadVBios.

I don't believe that works in this case but you can always try it.

I don't believe that works in this case but you can always try it.

Alright, any specific reason you think it might not work?

Alright, any specific reason you think it might not work?

I don't think it works because I remember reading other users trying to do it that way without success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back