Contribute
Register

Need help to get gtx750ti working (I'm using recommended parts)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H
CPU
i3-4170
Graphics
ASUS GeForce GTX 750Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've built myself my first pc and now also (hopefully soon) my first hackintosh. I selected most of the parts in order to have a as hassle free hackintosh install as possible (didn't know the 750 required special nVidia drivers at the time though).

I've got everything up and running, except graphics – I can't seem to get neither the integrated HD 4400 or my dedicated gtx750ti to work. I've installed nVidia Web Drivers for my particular OS X version, but that doesn't make any difference whatsoever – hence I need your help now. I've tried all the possible boot flags/options I can think of, but being a beginner I'm probably doing something that I shouldn't do.

My specs are as follows:

• Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H
  • Intel Core i3 4170 3,7GHz
  • ASUS GeForce GTX 750Ti
(Monitor is currently running of VGA from the motherboard)

And I'm running:

• El Capitan 10.11.2
  • Clover version 2.3k rev3320
  • Multibeast version 8.0.1 (1)

As of now, my system shows "Graphics Display 7 MB" in the About this Mac window. I can use the machine, but the tearing/stuttering and lack of transparency in the UI is very obvious.

Please help me, I've tried everything I could think of now but I'm at a total loss. I've seen others succeed with this GPU, what can I do to get my graphics working? :|

Last edited:
I've built myself my first pc and now also (hopefully soon) my first hackintosh. I selected most of the parts in order to have a as hassle free hackintosh install as possible (didn't know the 750 required special nVidia drivers at the time though).

I've got everything up and running, except graphics – I can't seem to get neither the integrated HD 4400 or my dedicated gtx750ti to work. I've installed nVidia Web Drivers for my particular OS X version, but that doesn't make any difference whatsoever – hence I need your help now. I've tried all the possible boot flags/options I can think of, but being a beginner I'm probably doing something that I shouldn't do.

My specs are as follows:

• Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H
  • Intel Core i3 4170 3,7GHz
  • ASUS GeForce GTX 750Ti
(Monitor is currently running of VGA from the motherboard)

And I'm running:

• El Capitan 10.11.2
  • Clover version 2.3k rev3320
  • Multibeast version 8.0.1 (1)

As of now, my system shows "Graphics Display 7 MB" in the About this Mac window. I can use the machine, but the tearing/stuttering and lack of transparency in the UI is very obvious.

Please help me, I've tried everything I could think of now but I'm at a total loss. I've seen others succeed with this GPU, what can I do to get my graphics working? :|
Can you try HDMI or DP outputs? VGA can be quirky.
for onboard graphics inject intel need to be TRUE
To use NVidia drivers need boot flag nvda_drv=1[READ ME FIRST!] Graphics Setup & Troubleshooting
Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you try HDMI or DP outputs?
for onboard graphics inject intel need to be TRUE
To use NVidia drivers need boot flag nvda_drv=1[READ ME FIRST!] Graphics Setup & Troubleshooting
Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

I've tried a lot of different combinations, and I tried with the boot flags you just said once again just to be sure, but they wont make any difference it seems.

I've tried switching from the motherboard VGA cable to the GPU hdmi, that doesn't work as my monitor then wont detect any signal. The only way I can get an image is through the MB VGA. The computer doesn't have any Display Ports, and I don't have any DVI cables to try those outputs with – though I see no reason they'd work either.

The only difference I get from what you suggested is that (presumably) the Intel Inject makes the "About this mac" display Graphics as "Intel HD Graphics 4400 7MB", instead of just "Display 7 MB" – don't know if that makes any difference?

And believe me, I've visited that troubleshooting page quite a bit the past ~6 hours or so, without result unfortunately (not saying I've tried everything or done everything as I was supposed to though).

What would be my next step?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've tried a lot of different combinations, and I tried with the boot flags you just said once again just to be sure, but they wont make any difference it seems.

I've tried switching from the motherboard VGA cable to the GPU hdmi, that doesn't work as my monitor then wont detect any signal. The only way I can get an image is through the MB VGA. The computer doesn't have any Display Ports, and I don't have any DVI cables to try those outputs with – though I see no reason they'd work either.

The only difference I get from what you suggested is that (presumably) the Intel Inject makes the "About this mac" display Graphics as "Intel HD Graphics 4400 7MB", instead of just "Display 7 MB" – don't know if that makes any difference?

And believe me, I've visited that troubleshooting page quite a bit the past ~6 hours or so, without result unfortunately (not saying I've tried everything or done everything as I was supposed to though).

What would be my next step?
Check inject nvidia is FALSE

Check inject nvidia is FALSE

Looking at Graphics section in Clover Configurator now, and only Inject Intel is checked there. I assume that is what you mean?

Yes, copy and paste as attachment config.plist less your SMBIOS stuff and are you using 14.2 or other?

I've attached my config.plist file, not quite sure I understand what you mean by less my SMBIOS stuff? (I guess you want me to remove some stuff or do an partial export of the file, but I don't want to mess something up so i uploaded the entire plist file, I hope that's ok.)

And yeah, I believe the last version i tried was 14.2, I've trying with a couple of different.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.8 KB · Views: 303
Asus GTX 750/750ti can be troublesome. If you are trying to use HDMI and it isn't working then you might have to flash the vbios with one from a Sapphire card. Search the forum you will find lots of people with Asus cards and problems.

I've attached my config.plist file, not quite sure I understand what you mean by less my SMBIOS stuff? (I guess you want me to remove some stuff or do an partial export of the file, but I don't want to mess something up so i uploaded the entire plist file, I hope that's ok.)

And yeah, I believe the last version i tried was 14.2, I've trying with a couple of different.
The only differences in our .plist
GUI/Scan-Auto=yes,I have no resolution selected in Screen Resolution and I run as 14.2.
You might also develop a SMUUID in SMBIOS It probably has no effect on the graphics but I don't know.
What monitor do you use? settings there??

Need help to get gtx750ti working (or the integrated HD4400 if not possible)

Asus GTX 750/750ti can be troublesome. If you are trying to use HDMI and it isn't working then you might have to flash the vbios with one from a Sapphire card. Search the forum you will find lots of people with Asus cards and problems.

Aah, really? That's not great news. Don't think I'll be doing that in the near future, sounds risky... :silent:

The only differences in our .plist
GUI/Scan-Auto=yes,I have no resolution selected in Screen Resolution and I run as 14.2.
You might also develop a SMUUID in SMBIOS It probably has no effect on the graphics but I don't know.
What monitor do you use? settings there??

Perhaps there's some compatibility issue with my 750ti that you don't have with your 970 (considering the above post by slim.jim)? I've seen successful builds with my card, but perhaps not the Asus brand then. I'll look into SMUUID.
I have a pretty standard LG monitor, a LG 23 INCH IPS7L – shouldn't cause any troubles I think, really no settings to talk about on the screen itself. Any miraculous last resort I can try to get the 750 up and running? And if that's not possible without flashing vbios, what can I do to use the HD4400 graphics instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back