Contribute
Register

Need help to choose graphic card for 4k video editing machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

I need your advice on graphic card.

I’m trying to build a machine for 4k video editing and color correction.

Went through a few websites including this one and came up with options below, but still have doubts about graphic card.

I’d like to go with 8 or 11 gb card budget ideally up to $800 however in Buyer's Guide I found only AMD options. Nvidia isn't good for this build?

I did my own research and so far I stoped on following option, but not sure if they are compatible with other hardware.

- Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Graphic Cards GV-N108TAORUS-11GD

Current build:

Motherboard: GIGABYTE Z390 DESIGNARE

CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K

Fan: CORSAIR HYDRO Series H150i PRO RGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler,360mm or Cooler Master MLX-D36M-A20PC-R1 MasterLiquid ML360R (not sure with one. To me both are looks the same. If you have experience with any of this or maybe you can recommend better option please let me know )

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 64GB (4 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600)

SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB

Power supply: CORSAIR RMX Series, RM850x

Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB Mid-Tower

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I found only AMD options. Nvidia isn't good for this build?
You can use Nvidia with High Sierra but not Mojave, that's why Nvidia cards are no longer recommended. No Mojave drivers are available.

You can use Nvidia with High Sierra but not Mojave, that's why Nvidia cards are no longer recommended. No Mojave drivers are available.

Thank you for your reply.

Is any known AMD analog that can support 4K video?

Did some research again and seems like Sapphire Vega 64 8GB should work out for this build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back