GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
EVGA GTX 1050 Ti SC GAMING
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hey guys I could really use some help.

Noob here with first time build. Quick rundown, I built a customac matx with a gigabyte ga-z170 gaming mobo and 500gb Samsung ssd drive.

I followed the guide and was able to get it installed and setup just fine. I ran multibeast after setup and made sure it built on the ssd and not the boot stick.
Unfortunately when the computer reboots it will not boot Sierra back up. After choosing to boot from ssd at the clover screen the boot screen gets to just over half way and freezes. Then proceeds to shut down after about 5 minutes or so.

Any advice?

Hey guys I could really use some help.

Noob here with first time build. Quick rundown, I built a customac matx with a gigabyte ga-z170 gaming mobo and 500gb Samsung ssd drive.

I followed the guide and was able to get it installed and setup just fine. I ran multibeast after setup and made sure it built on the ssd and not the boot stick.
Unfortunately when the computer reboots it will not boot Sierra back up. After choosing to boot from ssd at the clover screen the boot screen gets to just over half way and freezes. Then proceeds to shut down after about 5 minutes or so.

Any advice?

To comply with the Forum rules, please list your major hardware [Motherboard+CPU+Graphics] to your "Personal Details" . You can access that via the Human icon on the Top Menu bar of this Forum toward its RIGHT End .Click that icon >Personal details and fill the Boxes for Motherboard|CPU|Graphics.

Regarding your current problem, I guess you have not edited your config.plist in that CLOVER you installed on the SSD through Multibeast to instruct the MacOS Sierra System SSD as how to boot and reach its destination screens , namely the Login screen and Desktop.

You have to use the USB Installer disk to boot to CLOVER boot Manager screen and then switch to the macOSSierra System SSD until such time you mount the EFI partition of your System SSD on the Desktop, open its EFI and Clover Folders to find config.plist and edit it using one of several editors easiest being Clover Configurator -Vibrant (CCV) which can help in the mounting of EFI partition and editing of CLOVER contents including config.plist. Until you get a stable system, I recommend to use verbose boot flag (-v) not GUI boot with apple logo, as the latter will cover up problems hindering diagnostic clues the text-based screen from verbose boot can supply.

To comply with the Forum rules, please list your major hardware [Motherboard+CPU+Graphics] to your "Personal Details" . You can access that via the Human icon on the Top Menu bar of this Forum toward its RIGHT End .Click that icon >Personal details and fill the Boxes for Motherboard|CPU|Graphics.

Regarding your current problem, I guess you have not edited your config.plist in that CLOVER you installed on the SSD through Multibeast to instruct the MacOS Sierra System SSD as how to boot and reach its destination screens , namely the Login screen and Desktop.

You have to use the USB Installer disk to boot to CLOVER boot Manager screen and then switch to the macOSSierra System SSD until such time you mount the EFI partition of your System SSD on the Desktop, open its EFI and Clover Folders to find config.plist and edit it using one of several editors easiest being Clover Configurator -Vibrant (CCV) which can help in the mounting of EFI partition and editing of CLOVER contents including config.plist. Until you get a stable system, I recommend to use verbose boot flag (-v) not GUI boot with apple logo, as the latter will cover up problems hindering diagnostic clues the text-based screen from verbose boot can supply.

Thank you for the heads up!
So in there lies the issue. I have gone through the steps and have successfully loaded and booted to Sierra via the SSD setup. Once I complete all the steps and multibeast setup, I noticed EFI was mounted in finder. I then decided to try to restart the build, the computer boots to clover, and then will boot to about 60% with the APPLE Icon but then freeze. I then will have to restart the setup process in order to boot back into Sierra.
So you believe that the EFI is actually mounted to the flash drive and not to the main SSD?

After choosing to boot from ssd at the clover screen the boot screen gets to just over half way and freezes. Then proceeds to shut down after about 5 minutes or so.
Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v)

Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v)

Thanks for the tip BreBo. Currently on lunch break at work but will post this evening.

BreBo Here are the pics.

Attachments

• 20170808_173652.jpg
    20170808_173652.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 123
  • 20170808_173753.jpg
    20170808_173753.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 117
  • 20170808_173915.jpg
    20170808_173915.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 100
Any ideas?

So I decided to reinstall Sierra to my ssd..... again. I know for sure EFI is mounted, it has a clover folder inside the EFI mount. And there is a config.plist located inside that clover file. But I believe when I restart this computer it will just hang up like last time...

So I decided to reinstall Sierra to my ssd..... again. I know for sure EFI is mounted, it has a clover folder inside the EFI mount. And there is a config.plist located inside that clover file. But I believe when I restart this computer it will just hang up like last time...

• Your hardware Specification listed under your Signature has no Graphics Card listed.
  • If you are using Integrated Intel Graphics what Intel HD are you using ?
  • What type of Video cable are you connecting your Monitor to the Video card[HDMI/DVI-D/Display?]
These are the type of information about your computer setup that will give an idea to the readers what problem could be possible. Such data presented here will get you a faster response from readers who have experienced same problem and troubleshooters to analyze and consider what should be the next best step to try.

• Almost every post asking for help is based on some observation on Monitor screen. Unless you are willing to take a picture of that screen view and share it with the readers on this Forum, readers have no way to be sure what you are seeing as problem in booting.
  • Sometime what appears to be the same on Display Screen may have subtle differences from the prior view and that might be the clue to diagnosis.

• Please upload your CLOVER Folder from the Sierra System SSD as a compressed file to get any clue to your System Disk boot problem despite CLOVER Efi Bootloader+Kexts+System Definition+Graphics configuration in the edited config.plist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back