1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I just finished my first build with a:

Asus P7P55D-E LX Motherboard
Intel i3-560
Corsair 2 x 2GB XMS3 DDR3
Sapphire Radeon HD 5670 512 MB GDDR5

I've run into a lot of problems with the 5670 GPU and, while I finished installing the system, I can't boot now. The card is still covered since I just bought it so I want to return it and exchange it for one with similar performance that will work right out of the box. I'm completely new at this and, while I've looked at the list of compatible cards, that's how I got in this mess to begin with. I would love to hear advice from someone who knows what they're doing. Please help.

Thanks.

hassle free card around the same performance as your 5670 is the 5770, get a reference card (dual-dvi, hdmi, displayport)

The 5770 are a lot more expensive than the 5670, though. Is there any card that's compatible right out of the box, similar performance, and less than $100? Also, does it matter whether it's an ATI or a Gigabyte?

I've got a similar set-up using this card EVGA GeForce 9500 GT 1GB which I p/u up from newegg for $70. I do a lot of work in photoshop and find that it is satisfactory and had no set-up issues. Eventually, I'll be upgrading to a better card but needed a system to work right away.

Good luck!

I have this one SAPPHIRE 100287VGAL Radeon HD 5670 (Redwood) 512 MB ddr5.

Worked OOB with GraphicsEnabler=No to boot after install, and was recognized and full res after 10.6.8 update but still no hdmi audio, and only video thru DVI I can connect a second monitor with the hdmi but only mirror, have not tried vga.

ATI Radeon HD 5600 Series:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 5600 Series
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 512 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x68d8
Revision ID: 0x0000
Displays:
SyncMaster:
Resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz