Contribute
Register

Need Help optimizing, stuck with cpus=1 | GA-X79S-UP5 | Xeon E5 2690 | TITAN | AKA PRO 2011 BUILD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
[FIXED] Forced to use "cpus=1" & Wrong CPU speed | GA-X79S-UP5 | Xeon E5 2690 | TITAN | 32GB DDR3 | AKA PRO 2011 BUILD

Hey guys, my first hackintosh build was a big one (everything from the recommended build list):

---OSX---

---BUILD---
Intel Xeon E5 2690
GA-X79S-UP5
32GB 1600Mhz DDR3
AX860 ATX Power Supply
SATA 6Gb/s 120GB SSD
TP-Link PCI Express Wifi Adapter
GeForce GTX TITAN

---Multibeast 5.4.3---
EasyBeast Installation
AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext
Realtek ALC898 (without DSDT)

---BootFlags---
"-v npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=No"

---PROBLEM 1 [CAN ONLY USE CPUS=1]---
As of right now, after searching the forums for help for hours, I was able to install and access ML.

The problem is... The bootflags i'm using are severely limiting my system...

The only bootflag combination I can get to load ML is:
"-v npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=No cpus=1"

Obviously we built the system with power in mind, and using 1 of the 8 cores isn't very effective. Any insight on how I can fix this?

FIX:
wookie4747 said:
I needed to find a download of VoodooTSCSync.kext and KextBeast to enable multicore processing.

To do this you need to right click VoodooTSCSync.kext and select "open package contents" --> navigate to info.plist --> and change the <integer> for <key>IOCPUNumber</key> to [Number of cores - 1]. In my case that makes 16cores = <integer>15</integer>.

---PROBLEM 2 [CPU SPEED INCORRECT - NOT JUST COSMETIC]---

My Bios tells me my CPU speed is 2.9GHz. But OSX is telling me I'm running at 1.2GHz. When I did a Geekbench test my score was 8,000 and geekbench also returned 1.2GHz so it's not just a cosmetic thing, it is limiting my performance.

My BIOS says 2900MHz, base clock 100MHz, bus ratio 29.

When I do "bdmesg" in terminal though I get "min ratio: 12, Max ratio: 29, current ratio: 12"

I figured I could fix this by adding "busratio=29" to my bootflags, but it doesn't do anything.

FIX (thanks to gaart):
Hi, In your Bios, you need to switch off CPU EIST in advanced CPU settings.

Regards
G

Need Help Optimizing | GA-X79S-UP5 | Xeon E5 2690 | TITAN | AKA PRO 2011 BUILD

I believe I fixed the problem, I needed to use VoodooTSCSync.kext set to 15 so i can now use all 16 of the logical cores.

Now i have something else to take care of...

My Bios tells me my CPU speed is 2.9GHz. But OSX is telling me I'm running at 1.2GHz. When I did a Geekbench test my score was 8,000 and geekbench also returned 1.2GHz so it's not just a cosmetic thing, it is limiting my performance.

My BIOS says 2900MHz, base clock 100MHz, bus ratio 29.

When I do "bdmesg" in terminal though I get "min ratio: 12, Max ratio: 29, current ratio: 12"

I figured I could fix this by adding "busratio=29" to my bootflags, but it doesn't do anything.

How can I fix this?

This has all been fixed. View details in my original post.

Hey Wookie,

your Titan card is working? Would you be so kind and let me know what card it is exactly?
I got a 780Ti and that is not working for me! (It's a EVGA 780Ti SC)

cheers, Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back