Graphics
Intel Integrated Graphics HM55 Express
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi...Sorry I'm a noob. I do have a legal version of Snow Leopard that I purchased directly from Apple.

I have a Lifebook AH530 (Fujitsu). Install goes well using iboot. I cannot install to my built in drive though without reformatting. I have three other systems on it currently and really don't want to lose them. (Win7 x64, WinXP x32, and Ubuntu 13.04) Thus, I am installing to an external usb (sata) drive enclosure. I tried using a few different partition formats on the internal HD and nothing seemed to allow the install to continue. That is really the least of my worries for now.

I have tried following the instructions in multiple posts with the same results. After install, I try to update, then install multibeast with the ethernet drivers it installs. Everything seems to go to completion just fine, but when I reboot, I just get a message saying to reboot the computer. If I don't install multibeast, and just continue to use iboot after updating, I just see the Apple logo and it just hangs. Any ideas, comments, suggestions?

For now, I am just not going to update and try to find a different driver for the atheros chipset than the one with multibeast. Everything else works great. By the way, the wired ethernet works fine for some reason. I just hate being plugged in all the time.

please edit your profile/signature with all hardware specs then we can help

Just updated it. Will that suffice or do you need more info?

from the specs u gave it uses gma 4500 . osx has no support for that. u could try putting this in the laptop section im sure they will tell u the same thing.

I really don't think the graphics card is the problem. The display works fine on initial install. It is only after using multibeast and/or updating that I have problems. The only thing I really care to get working is the atheros wireless drivers. In ubuntu it uses ath9k for the drivers. I can't quite remember for Windows. The driver that it tries to install after multibeast is rtl81XX which may work but I am unable to get it to boot after installing multibeast. Is there some command for multibeast equvalent to "nomodeset" (from Ubuntu kernel) for the multibeast loader?

This is the model for windows driver (wireless driver): Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter

This is the link for everything I was able to find on the chipset and video drivers: http://ark.intel.com/products/50179/Intel-Core-i5-460M-Processor-3M-Cache-2_53-GHz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back