Gigabyte GT 440
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

I can boot the USB finger, but my T420s screen is look like this (See attachment image).

How to fix?

Some reason I need 1600x900, and diy hardware for better upgrade for my need (PC+Mac Planning) so not choose HP.

Lenovo T420
i5 2540m
8G DDR3
Intel HD3000
1600x900
128G SSD
QH67

IMG_0095.jpg

Hi all,

I can boot the USB finger, but my T420s screen is look like this (See attachment image).

How to fix?

Some reason I need 1600x900, and diy hardware for better upgrade for my need (PC+Mac Planning) so not choose HP.

Lenovo T420
i5 2540m
8G DDR3
Intel HD3000
1600x900
128G SSD
QH67

View attachment 88345

Your 1600x900 screen is likely dual-link. Requires DSDT patches:
https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply:
"HD3000 High Resolution"

To make brightness slider in SysPrefs->Displays work:
"Rename GFX0 to IGPU"
"Brightness Fix (HD3000/HD4000)"
install: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Backlight

Note: Assumes your chipset is HM6x (not HM7x).

RehabMan,

Thank you very much, let me try it work for me or not :thumbup:

You should verify your chipset and update your profile/signature.

Please provide complete details in your profile.

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

You should verify your chipset and update your profile/signature.

Please provide complete details in your profile.

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

RehabMan,

System: Lenovo T420s
CPU: i5-2540m/QM67
Graphics: HD3000, 1600x900

I still have some questions, since I am real new on using DSDT Edit etc..

I am using Google to download the MaciASL from SourceForge already, and unzip it. Then run it.
I am running in on my other Hackintosh it is GigaByte EP35-DS3R motherboard...

I am wonder, do I doing right? Since it auto see a System DSDT ... it look like the EP35-DS3R motherboard not the T420s or something like that ....

I am following your link add the this in MaciASL then quit it and reopen it. Look no different,
o add these patches to MaciASL as a repository:
- Run MaciASL
- choose Preferences from the MaciASL menu bar
- select Sources
- click the [+] button
- give it a name (eg. "Laptop Patches")
- type the following URL: http://raw.github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch/master

I still see the System DSDT .... and press the "Compile," I see error
222, 1081, Reserved method must return a value (Integer/Package required for _WAK)
285, 4051, Method local variable is not initialized (Local0)
290, 4051, Method local variable is not initialized (Local0)

Then .. I am lost on this, if I can't boot my T420s, how do I take it DSDT (Like the attachment image, USB installer stop at there, I still not install the OS X in T420s yet)? OR More detail how to or example as a reference on DSDT URL like my case?

Thank you of your help and valueable time.

Screen Shot 2014-04-01 at 22.49.05.jpg

RehabMan,

System: Lenovo T420s
CPU: i5-2540m/QM67
Graphics: HD3000, 1600x900

Read post #4 carefully. It must be in your profile or signature.

I still have some questions, since I am real new on using DSDT Edit etc..

I am using Google to download the MaciASL from SourceForge already, and unzip it. Then run it.
I am running in on my other Hackintosh it is GigaByte EP35-DS3R motherboard...

I am wonder, do I doing right? Since it auto see a System DSDT ... it look like the EP35-DS3R motherboard not the T420s or something like that ....

When you run MaciASL, you will get the DSDT loaded on that machine, not some other machine....

Read post #4 carefully. It must be in your profile or signature.

Updated My Profile and Sign :thumbup:

When you run MaciASL, you will get the DSDT loaded on that machine, not some other machine....

Then, this is mean I need find a way to boot up my T420s, and running the MaciASL on the T420s to make my DSDT for MaciASL edit and patch it, am I right?

If so, then if I can install by -x safe mode, then using the USB Unibeast boot to the new installed by -x again to run the MaciASL in safe mode to patch my T420s, right?

Thank you of your help and value time.

Updated My Profile and Sign :thumbup:

Chipset is not specified. It is important.

Then, this is mean I need find a way to boot up my T420s, and running the MaciASL on the T420s to make my DSDT for MaciASL edit and patch it, am I right?

If so, then if I can install by -x safe mode, then using the USB Unibeast boot to the new installed by -x again to run the MaciASL in safe mode to patch my T420s, right?

Either that or extract DSDT/SSDTs from Linux.

Chipset is not specified. It is important.

Updated :thumbup:

Either that or extract DSDT/SSDTs from Linux.

Oh, if using Linux, how do I export the DSDT? Using what tool, I can using CentOS, Ubuntu, Open SuSE, I just need you tell me if I can boot to Linux, using what tool and then what is the next step.

Update:
Do I can following this one to export the DSDT.aml then import this DSDT.aml on my EP35-DS3R hackintosh OS X MaciAAL to Edit it and Patch the HD 3000 High Resoulation?
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yzdHz3PsvpjG2Qr9ptBaxdBldgscXVnCE2Ux0Laqdpo/edit?pli=1

Sorry too many questions, I am new on DSDT, but I am not afraid for a try and learning. Just don't know how to search more inform on this.

Wish you all the best.

Updated :thumbup:

Oh, if using Linux, how do I export the DSDT? Using what tool, I can using CentOS, Ubuntu, Open SuSE, I just need you tell me if I can boot to Linux, using what tool and then what is the next step.

Update:
Do I can following this one to export the DSDT.aml then import this DSDT.aml on my EP35-DS3R hackintosh OS X MaciAAL to Edit it and Patch the HD 3000 High Resoulation?
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yzdHz3PsvpjG2Qr9ptBaxdBldgscXVnCE2Ux0Laqdpo/edit?pli=1

Sorry too many questions, I am new on DSDT, but I am not afraid for a try and learning. Just don't know how to search more inform on this.

Wish you all the best.

In Linux, tables are available at /sys/firmware/acpi/tables and /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/dynamic.

You can collect the files from Linux then open them on your desktop in MaciASL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back