Graphics
Nvidia GeForce GT740 - 2Go DDR3
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I posted yesterday... but I'm not sure I've posted at the right place... so here I come again!

I still need help for my Moutain Lion boot...

My computer is actually running with 10.6.8.

I followed all the steps of the guide from this site :
- I created a bootable USB Drive using Unibeast
- I installed Moutain Lion with this USB drive (I didn't change my BIOS setting, I let it as it was for my 10.6.8 system)
at this point everything is ok...
- I restart the system. Boot from th USB again, choose Moutain Lion.
- I moved my .aml file to the desktop (the same I used for my 10.6.8 system)
- I run Multibeat's UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation
- I ticked excatly the same options, which are indicated on the 10.8 guide (userDSDT or DSDT-free Installation, Drivers/audio/realtek ALC8xx/With DSDT/ ALC889, Network/Lnx2Mac's ReaktekRTL81xx Ethernet v0.0.90)
- the installation run... until the reboot..
- At the restart, it stops on the white screen with the grey apple... I can't boot on Moutain Lion.... nothing move... must use the on/off button to turn my computer off.

When I looked in my BIOS (f12), I can see that my BIOS version is F5..... I can't find the .aml file for this version... Where can I find it? can I use the .aml file which is in my Extra folder on my 10.6.8 system?

Which options do I have to tick in Multibeast? What can I do to boot properly on Moutain Lion?

thanks

My motherboard is : Gigabyte P6-USB3-B3, Geforce 210 1Go, Lan realtek RTL811E, realtek ALC889, CPU I5 3,29GHz.

thanks...
what do you mean when you say "Just try remove dsdt" ?
Do I have to reinstal it? or delete it? delete it from the desktop?

PS : I 'm french...

I tried to delete it from my desktop... nothing change... stille the white screen with the grey apple.

any ideas?

thanks

thanks...

I tried to delete it from my desktop... nothing change... stille the white screen with the grey apple.

any ideas?

thanks

Do you still have your 10.6.8 install or did you over write it with 10.8?

If you ran MultiBeast and checked UserDSDT then it copied your DSDT on the desktop into the /Extra folder - delete it from there to get rid of it, or just move it somewhere else if you want to save it.

thanks...

any ideas?

thanks
Just delete from Extra folder..

I still have my "10.6.8 install" on another disk..

I believed that DSDT was important... Do I really have to delete it from extra folder? how can it boot without it? that's why I tried to delete it only from my desktop and let it in the extra folder...
To delete it I have to boot from my 10.6.8 system... because I can't boot on Mountain Lion. That's what I did to delete the DSDT of the desktop.. I didn't try to delete the file in the extra folder...

Perhaps a stupid question but I was very suprised to see that I don't have to check other option in multibeats than :
- userDSDT or DSDT-free Installation,
- Drivers/audio/realtek ALC8xx/With DSDT/ ALC889,
- Network/Lnx2Mac's ReaktekRTL81xx Ethernet v0.0.90
This is the option for audio and ethernet, that's it? what about the other?

are this options work for all configuration?

What about the other options? graphic? disks? etc... A system can boot without them?

when I boot with "-v"... it stopped at (PCI Configuration begin)... any idea?

thanks for help..;!

@ loganlo

delete it?
do I reinstall it? can it work without?

How can I reinstall it if I can't boot on moutain Lion? I tried to boot from my USB key... but in that case I have reinstal everything (choice of language..etc...).

I'm totally lost!!

thanks for helping!

Try booting with: -v npci=0x2000
Or, if that doesn't work, try: -v npci=0x3000

ok... i will try today...
If it's work with that line (-v npci=0x2000 or -v npci=0x3000) at booting.. how can I fix definitely this problem of boot?

thanks

If it works, you add the boot flag to the file "org.chameleon.Boot.plist" found in the /Extra folder.

Edit the file and find the line with: <key>Kernel Flags</key>

Below that is a line: <string>darkwake=0</string>

Make that line into: <string>darkwake=0 npci=0x2000</string>
or npci=0x3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back